Streets

A Forty Thieves type game. Rated Hard, 18%, Mostly skill. (Worrying back allowed).
Ticks all the boxes for me.
I couldn't find a way to win #1. Attaching my solution for #2 so you can see the game play. Could this be our next major project? :)
pgs
pgs
Streets_2.pgs

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Yes I DO like this game. It is nerve jangling at times as you fight to stay one move ahead to losing. #3 is winnable.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #4 and #6 are also winnable. I doubt if I'll play any more until tomorrow.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Will give them a try, thanks.
  • edited February 10 Member, Beta Tester
    Lost #7 but won 8,9 and 10. That's 70% on this small sample. I doubt if we'd fall down as low as 50% playing a much larger number.
  • edited February 10 Member, Beta Tester
    Ok, won some on my own - good game, I guess I like ones where the group sequence option is available- it helps speed up the flow of the game.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'd prefer if groups of cards could be moved too, but I can't find a game that fits our criteria except ones we've hammered previously. Do you want to keep looking or play a 100 or so Streets first to see if it's worth playing more of ?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did put away #7, at least for now we can keep going to get a bigger sample size.
    Until I hone my skills some more, it will be a rather slow process.
  • edited February 11 Member, Beta Tester
    I can't play these quickly either Larry. There is so much you have to keep an eye on simultaneously.
    I also failed to win #7. Won 8 - 11. Lost #12. Have yet to play #13.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #13 lost. 14 -20 inclusive won.
    Getting bored with Streets now. It's more or less just tidying up your columns at every opportunity. #21 is winnable so a win rate of around 70% looks very sustainable. Will see if I can find something else that's more up our "street". ;)
    I did win #7 and #13, so maybe 80% is possible, may come back and play some more in order to have a better sample size.
    Our Forty Thieves win % was about 47 % for the first 1000. Streets is Forty Thieves with alternate colors. Napoleon's Folly is Forty Thieves with any suit but the same, which could be very high win %.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    How about Elba then Larry? Forty Thieves, 2 Decks, Hard (20%), Mostly Skill, move groups, worrying back allowed.
    Of the first 6 only #1 is unwinnable. We could definitely win a lot more than 20%.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Robespierre looks like a possibility.
    Elba has the dreaded one card to each pile deal.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm sure Double Limited is too easy for you guys with a 85% win rate. The first 4 are easy but #5 has me stymied. No matter how many different ways I play it, I can't get any higher than 137. HELP!
  • edited February 12 Member, Beta Tester
    It's winnable but tricky Ken. The trouble with this particular deal is that your waste pile is huge by the time you can actually clear a column. Don't forget you can worry back into a space which can help to liberate cards from a different column.
    Partial and full solution attached. Not simple from the partial by any means.
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Limited_5_p.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Double Limited_5.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Robespierre 2-9 winnable
    #1 and 10 not?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Agreed about #1.
    #10-18 inclusive all winnable.
    #19 almost certainly unwinnable, two atempts. Haven't played #20.
  • edited February 12 Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry .... I didn't win #12.
    Both #19 and #20 now won.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Wow, 90% winners, excellent.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A bit too easy perhaps? Suggest you continue playing it if you want and I'll look for something a bit more challenging. That will be later today. It's well past midnight here.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, thanks for the partial on Double Limited. I tried and tried and I was about to give up until I played it with the Autoplay on. I won it right away. Sometimes I think I overthink these games (I think...)
  • edited February 13 Member, Beta Tester
    I agree, most Robespierre are rather straightforward.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken .... That wasn't an easy game. I had trouble with it too. If it's any consolation, after I'd decided on the partial position for you, I left it open whilst I uploaded it. On returning to my PC it was still there and I decidedplay it to completion. I failed to win it. :)

Larry ....... Yes, Robespierre turned out to be too straightforward. I'm currently looking at Marie Rose and have won #1. Forty Thieves, rated Hard 20%, mainly skill. Columns can be moved. Any card into spaces. Worrying back allowed. Trying to establish whether it's too difficult or not.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Have a look at Unlimited Larry. Looks very promising. #1 is winnable and so is #2. The latter took some effort. Major clue ..... There is a 9S in column two that has to go onto a 10S in column six. Do not put an 8S onto it from the stock.