The Wall

edited July 27 in General
The Wall
A four deck game using modified packs containing only aces, twos, threes and fours. 156 cards are diamonds, (Trumps). The remaining 52 cards are Spades, (Tunnelers).

16 Foundation piles arranged in two rows at the top of the screen (The Border). Build up from ace to four by suit. The top eight foundations are filled first from left to right and then the bottom eight likewise. Once an ace, (Foundation stone) has been placed on a foundation building can commence.

Tableau. Eight piles dealt face up beneath the Border. At the start of the game three cards are dealt to each pile. Exposed aces are automatically removed to the foundations after the initial deal, starting at the left side and working across.Tableau cards spades will automatically be moved to any legal foundation. The remaining tableau cards may be built down in descending suit order. When all desired moves have been completed two more cards are dealt to each tableau pile. Once those have been dealt, any exposed spades are automatically removed to foundations in they can be built there legally. Empty tableau spaces will only be filled when more cards are dealt from the stock. The object of the game is to complete the Wall by building cards onto the foundations that are superior of a Tunnelers one directly above or beneath it. The player must decide between blocking a tunneler by not moving a tableau card, or "Doing a Democrat" and moving a card that is obstructing one of the tunnelers. The game is over when all the cards have been dealt and the player has made every move that he or she wants. It is likely that aces could be buried in the tableau and prevent the wall from being completed.. Republicans will try to build tableau cards from one column onto another and liberate them so that they can automaically be moved to the foundations. Democrats will deliberately choose to prevent the wall being completed.
The Wall is a failure if the combined vertical total of black cards on the foundations exceeds that of the reds at any point along the wall.
Now Thomas. Now Gregg. There is a challenge for you. I think you'd have fun creating this game. It would be a hoot to play as your own political persuasions could decide whether or not a wall got completed or not with every deal.
It would be amusing if the stock pile was face down and had both party logos on them.

Comments

• edited July 28 Member, Beta Tester
    And what do us middle of the road people do? Just stare at the deal? And complain.
  • edited July 28 Member, Beta Tester
    You in the middle of the road Mike? Drivers could confuse you for a roundabout. :-j
    Like myself, your opinions are rarely middle of the road. You have the power of your own convictions to make a decision and choose whih side of the argument you're on. You are prepared to argue your case and are prepared to change your opinion when new input is available. By the way , you're always wrong. Debbie told me that. She has an impeccable record when it comes to being correct about everything.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    So you think you have me figured out?
  • Member, Beta Tester
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think I met her once. What a surprise I got.