Midshipman 604642877

This game has really got me stumped!

Comments

• edited July 2019 Member, Beta Tester
    It's winnable Sue. I think you may have made a move or two early in the game and suffered the butterfly effect. They were kind to me. :) How did we previously tackle showing you a solution?
  • I'm impressed. You solved that quickly! :-)
    For me, I think it's another case of insanity, Richard. I keep repeating the same actions, expecting to get a different result.
    Last time you sent me a few photos and I picked it up from there.
  • PS What's the butterfly effect?
    "In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state". What it means in my head anyway is that the most basic decision can have far reaching consequences. Simply playing one card in your game could determine that other cards at later stages could no longer be playable.
    An example could be that if someone sent me a photo, that decision would determine if I forwarded it to other people or shared it in the likes of this forum. ;) ;))
    Clone.JPG
    763 x 750 - 98K
  • Okay. I get it (at least I get the simpler explanation!) LOL! ;-)
  • To save you going to all the trouble of taking photos, Richard. Is it not possible for you to just tell me where you think I'm going wrong?
    I think I'm going wrong right at the begining by being unable to resist the obvious moves.
    Screenshot 2019-07-28 at 13.15.09.png
    1351 x 534 - 418K
    I don't mind how long it takes Sue. Even longer than some of our conversations. :) I am attaching a very early screenshot that you should be able to duplicate readily. The score is 3 and the stock is 67. What I can tell you is that I won your game at the first attempt. I probably unwittingly made a couple of telling early moves that did the trick. The last card I turned face up in the tableau was a 3D beneath the KH in column 1. During the game I had that column built down from king to two. I have made a video of the game if you want me to post it on FB. It's 60MB so I doubt if I could send it via email. I'll give that a bash anyway. :) Nothing ventured .....
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Forgot this. Sigh.
    start.JPG
    1560 x 786 - 163K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The instant I tried to upload it to email a pop-up advised me that it was too large to send but helpfully suggested that I upload it to Onedrive and send you the link instead. I did so and it appears to have worked. Please let me know.
    I don't altogether trust this Onedrive malarky. George Orwell told me that he thought it was dodgey. ;)) If this is a success I could email you or anyone in our group whole loads of photos in albums.
    I usually do nothing but slag off Microsoft but to express my approval of their pop-up I promise not to slag them off for the remainder of the week. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Any luck with Sue's number, Richard?
  • edited May 19 Member, Beta Tester
    Luck ?! What do you mean, luck? ;)
    No, I think it's a dead duck Ken. #810808021. Ten out of the first 11 cards are either threes, fives or sixes. You can't clear a column quickly enough to make use of them and their absence becomes increasingly obvious as the game progresses.
    Speaking of ducks, I hear that the Donald has discovered another cure for Covid 19.
    Hydroxychloroquine. Clearly he knows far more than the combined legions of scientists and medical researchers around the world. He is a clever guy. He is threatening to retaliate if India does not supply you Guinea pigs with as much as you want. Even Fox "news" has warned how dangerous this drug is. The UK Foreign Office announced that they were "surprised". ;)) Now that's what you call diplomacy Donald. Our news channels have warned everyone here (who's had a lobotomy) not to try to source this dangerous drug.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    One doctor here said he's especially worried about Donald since he is "morbidly obese" and taking hydroxychloroquine. We'll never hear from that doctor ever again. LOL!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Calm down guys. Hydroxychloroquine is not a dangerous drug. It is used everyday by people with certain ailments. Or as a preventive. It is not however a drug that will keep away the Clovid-19 virus. But if a person wants to take it. And their doctor gives them the okay. Then have at it. And the Trump is a big guy. Some doctor who has never examined him decides he his "morbidly obese". I see people every day who are truly obese. But are out riding bikes and walking in short marathons. So lighten up.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Once again we have witnessed internationally renowned medical practitioners and experts having their advice dismissed by those in the White House. It's almost as if they have their own news writing department. I'm sure the medical profession will breathe a huge sigh of relief now that they've learned that malaria is not another hoax. Mr.Trump's doctor is an osteopath !! and stated that "the potential benefits outweighed the risks". At least he acknowledged that there are risks.
    Trump's previous doctor Ronny Jackson, had previously raised eyebrows by praising Trump’s “good genes” and for saying that if the president had had “a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old”. =))
    Btw Mr.Trump, I've been hearing lots of good things, lots and lots of good things about another medication you could try in your quest to single handedly fix the Covid 19 problem. Try morphine suppositories. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    C'mon, Mike, you know we are just messing with you! Just think of how much razzing you can do to us when Biden gets in there in November!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Bidens come from Mexico and would be comfortable in your new garden Ken. Close to a wall would be great. Mexicans like walls but prefer not to pay for them. Perennial but unlikely to last 200 years. ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We stop the Bidens coming in from Mexico. They are just growing on the Mexican side.
    As for Joe Biden. Never mind. We will just wait. He will get the popular vote. If he is still in it. The Bernie gang is still trying to get Bernie in. It will come down to the electoral vote.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Wouldn't that be ironic if Trump wins the popular vote and Biden wins the electoral college? I can see Hillary now, "What do you think of me now, bitch?" LOL!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You must be so excited ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ha! When I first looked at the image I thought it was Michael Jackson. ;))