HOW DARE YOU?

"You are not mature enough to tell it like it is"

Comments

• edited September 23 Member, Beta Tester
    "All you can talk about is money and and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you?""
    https://news.sky.com/video/greta-thunbergs-eyes-on-trump-as-he-arrives-at-un-11817936
  • edited September 24 Member
    What an incredibly brave, mature, clever, inspirational young woman!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I totally agree. Thanks Sue.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Unfortunately she has aligned herself with antifa and some Palestinian groups and George Soros. She is being used.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    COMPLETE AND UTTER RUBBISH
    Where do you get all of your fake "information" from Mike? You only need to scratch the surface to find that all of this has been manufactured and shared on social media, in particular Facebook and Twitter. The people behind this smear campaign are the very people who are destroying the planet . Some real low-lifes use Twitter because the truth terrifies them

What's True
    The photograph of Thunberg wearing an "Antifascist All Stars" T-shirt was authentic.
    What's False
    However, the girl shown standing next to an ISIS militant was not Thunberg; the photograph of Thunberg with Soros was doctored; and Thunberg's wearing of an "Antifascist All Stars" T-shirt was far from an unambiguous gesture of "alignment" with the Antifa movement.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GENUINE Tweets from Greta
    "Yesterday I posted a photo wearing a borrowed Tshirt that says I'm against fascism. That Tshirt can apparently be linked to a violent movement. I don't support any form of violence and to avoid misunderstandings I've deleted that post. And of course I'm against fascism"

"It's funny how the same people who say I don't understand anything are the same people who expect me to know everything about a Tshirt that can be bought everywhere with many different captions, and according to some can be linked to violence"

"I don't spport any political movement or any political views. I'm against all forms of fascism and I will never support any kind of violence. All changes must come from democracy, equal rights, non violence and peace. Saying no to fascism isn't a political view, it's common sense.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why are some people so desperate to shut her up? Why are they resorting to the dirtiest of smear campaigns? The simple answer is that they know she is right and that she could put their own cash-streams in jeopardy. It's peculiar that the people selling the T-shirts are not under attack. Available in a store near you.
    ANY photograph can be doctored and printed with ANY message you want on it. I once saw a photo of Ken Millar with a Mr.T hairstyle. And to prove that point, here are some for you to enjoy.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ACYBGNTEwhYZlYoy4m6sw_yPIe1mGJ0YfA:1569400072764&source=hp&biw=914&bih=432&ei=CCWLXdmILLCMlwSv0qygBw&q=trump+memes&oq=trump+memes&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.3192.6814..10097...0.0..0.92.891.12......0....1..gws-wiz-img.....10..35i362i39j35i39.LuLZGzPP24U

• Member, Beta Tester
    I applaud her speaking up. I dislike the tone of her rants. I repeat. I don't like being told what to do by a child.
  • edited September 26 Member, Beta Tester
    Well as she pointed out extremely passionately the brain dead morons running the world have failed to pay any attention to eminent scientists for over thirty years and it is "business as usual". They continue to bury their vacuous heads in the sand and pretend there isn't an extremely serious problem that affects all of humanity and all of the flora and fauna we still haven't killed off yet. Keeping your fingers crossed is not a legitimate climate change policy. We should be ashamed that children need to tell so-called adults what an appalling, pathetic mess they are already leaving for them and future generations to try and clean up.
    I don't suppose the recent mass die off of olive trees has hit the news in many countries. In the UK we are also attempting to halt the spread of Ash-die-back that as spread north from Europe. We are killing off trees for goodness sake.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pathogen-destroying-olive-trees-in-italy-xylella-fastidiosa/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "In line with advice from the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) on 2 May 2019, we (the Scottish government) acted immediately by lodging amendments to the Bill to set a target date of 2045 for reaching net-zero emissions. The amendments to the Bill also raised the ambition of the 2030 and 2040 targets to 70% and 90% emissions reductions respectively. The Scottish Parliament’s Environment Committee voted in favour of these targets at Stage 2 on 18 June 2019".
    That is an example of a child-sized country, acting like adults and sending a message to everyone else. We made this LAW yesterday. Passed by 113 votes to 0 at Holyrood. No other country has legislated to meet anything like as drastic reductions as we have, yet, I'm proud to say, we already have protests saying we haven't gone far enough.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49819905
    "The Trump administration’s decision to revoke California’s authority to set its own auto-emissions standards represents a devastating failure of leadership. But the state is resolute in its commitment to providing the tools, technology, and initiative needed to confront the climate crisis".

Little Donald.jpg
    148 x 178 - 13K
    I should apologise to Mike. Sorry Mike, I feel so strongly about this subject and expect everybody to do the same. You are entitled to express your opinions too.
    Something you'll like has just been posted in Joke of the day.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No apologies necessary. You feel strongly about the subject. I know that. I don't doubt much of what you have to say. You have delved into the problem more than I. But I have also heard from the other side of the argument. I believe we are putting to much junk into the air. I also believe we have to clean up much of our oceans. But I also believe their are some natural causes for some of the climate change. Perhaps the poles are changing their positions. Little by little. And we have to many people. So I see nothing wrong with serious work being done to fix these problems. But. We have been hearing that terrible things are going to happen very soon for the last forty years. And if some people are so intense about changing things. They should personally stop increasing their own carbon footprints.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Mike.
    The disappearing islands of the Solomons demonstrate that the oceans are already rising. There were about 900 islands in this former British colony. That number is dropping. Procrastination and empty pledges don't cut it there.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    But is the headline possibly correct. The islands are just sinking. They might not have to be there anyway.
  • edited September 27 Member, Beta Tester
    Boats sink. Islands don't. The aerial photos taken decades apart that we saw in the video show parts disappearing completely. They are being innundated by rising sea levels. Only the higher parts remain. The Soloman Islands have been inhabited for over 3000 years.
    Today, sea level is 5 to 8 inches higher on average than it was in 1900. That's a pretty big change: for the previous 2,000 years, sea level hadn't changed much at all. The speed of sea level rise has also been increasing.
    When NASA agrees with scientists worldwide you can take it as a fact the seas are rising at an alarming rate. The caption reads "It's not looking good".
    ant.JPG
    810 x 556 - 47K
  • edited September 28 Member, Beta Tester
    When a storm comes through along the ocean. It will take away sand and anything loose in it's path. Here in Huntington Beach and places north and south along the coast are always replacing sand to keep the beach the way it was. Erosion. It happens all the time. An island of sand will disappear over time. Because their is no way to stop the sea from taking it away. Unless you build large walls to keep the tide from coming in.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You need to watch the footage otherwise it's pointless talking about it. US troops landed on Gaudalcanal in the Solomons in 1942. Hundreds of aerial photos were taken prior to their invasion. In the footage they compared them with other photos taken decades later and the differences are obvious. The islands are not sandbanks. They told us that the trees that are disappearing into the seas are hundreds of years old. They were part of a rainforest. They are not palm trees. They are proper trees. They don't grow on sand. Practically nothing does. These huge trees needed loads of fresh water which proves that there was a water-table deep below the surface that the roots had access to.
    "What abouit climate change deniers who say to you that this is all part of the natural cycle? Islands come and go. Sand shifts. These things happen."
    "That's not what we are talking about here. These are large islands that have been on these reef formations for at least the last few hundred years, but the rates of change we have seen over the last twenty years are unprecedented."
    Of the 33 islands that he has studied over the last thirty years, six have thrunk to about half their size and five have disappeared altogether.
    "What has stood the test of time for centuries has now been wiped off the map".

There are mountains, rivers, streams, tarred roads, hospitals, schools, an international airport, a tourist industry. etc, , on the Solomons, even a gold mine. Hard to dig a mine in sand I'd imagine. Their population is approaching 700,000. and they have been competing in the Olympics since 1984. To compare these islands with sandbanks is ridiculous.
    solomons.JPG
    1166 x 314 - 38K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Actually, even the Flat Earth Society believes in climate change
    Yes, the group thinks the world is flat -- but also getting warmer.

"The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world".
  • Member, Beta Tester
    And I am feeling pretty flat.