Three Up

3 Decks. Hard (10%). Mostly Skill.
It is well worth learning how to play this game. Genuine losers are thinner on the ground than the difficulty rating suggests,
I have failed to win #13 and #14 but the other 18 from the first 20 deals are winnable. 13 and 14 ay be too but despite a lot of effort they have kept me as bay so far. Can you put them to bed?

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I won #1. Too much work for my little mind. But a fun game.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well done Mike. You can play all of our games as slowly as you want. They are not against the clock. I often decide to leave a game until the following day before trying it again. Btw some Three Up's are very difficult..
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I love Three Up even though one game takes a lot of effort and time since there are three decks. It's an expanded version of Virginia Reel, so the things that make it hard carry over. Personally, I prefer its less stringent cousin Royal Parade in a three-deck version, but Three Up is OK. It's a good time filler.

I have a 40% win rate with 30 games played. I'm sure some of that 60% might be winnable, but I haven't had the time to find out.

Bastiko
  • edited October 12 Member, Beta Tester
    It's not a game you can play quickly and expect to win a lot of them, that's for sure. How you manage the twos, threes and fours is critical but also the aces. I often leave aces in the tableau for quite a long time until a valuable card appears in the deal that I want to introduce into the tableau. You are frequently faced with situations where several cards could be moved but it's usually later in the game before you discoved that you;ve made bad choices It's a fascinating game and it probably at least 80% winnable. I love it.