Crown

Crown is driving me bananas. Can anyone share a winning number?

Comments

• edited January 9 Member, Beta Tester
    Game #1 is winnable Jack.
    The first thing to do is switch off "Autoplay" in "Options". This will allow YOU to choose which card from the Waste goes into an empty space. Try to leave a single card in a column rather than play it immediately onto a Foundation. Wait until a more useful card is on top of the Waste before you empty your column . For example, let's imagine you have a red queen in the tableau that is covering an ace. You have managed to practically empty a column and have left a card there that is playable onto the foundations. Leave it there until you have a black king on top of the waste and then empty your column. That way the black king from the Waste will go into the now empty column and you can play your annoying red queen onto it and free the ace it was blocking.
    I did save #1 and can help you to win it if you get stuck.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #2 is winnable but very difficult in my opinion.
    #3 is also winnable but less difficult that the previous two.

A far more difficult game than the "Medium 40%" would suggest. I'd also rate it as "Mainly skill".
    Very time consuming but I will see how many winners I can get from the first 20 deals. My kind of game. I like it.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #4 was the easiest so far.
    #5 was relatively straightforward too.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, When I saw the header "Crown", I thought you would be putting forth your opinion on Harry and Meghan?
  • edited January 9 Member, Beta Tester
    I suspect that since Harry and Meghan have practically detached themselves from the Royal Family, the American public will lose interest (in her in particular) Ken. The Queen and Prince Charles are believed to be pretty angry about what they've done. I'm not bothered about it at all.
    How is the leg progressing?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    NOT GOOD! I'm such an active guy that being laid up in bed is no fun...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry to hear that Ken. Is it not healing properly? I suppose that having broken both bones must complicate matters. Have you access to a wheelchair to get around the house?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. I'll let you know what he says.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    He will say you will never play the violin again. Get well.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The "Walking Stick Song" for you Ken.

• Member, Beta Tester
  • Thanks guys - finally got one (with a fair number of Undos, but still). On to the next on my list!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Winning games like this is impossible without loads of undo's. I played a particularly difficult Quadruple Interchange two days ago and the number of undo's must have been in the thousands. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Crown is a great game. It deserves to be more popular. Some deals are VERY difficult. I've yet to find an easy one.
    crown.JPG
    733 x 120 - 29K
  • edited January 20 Member, Beta Tester
    I'm though playing Crown meantime, Good game where you need to plan your moves carefully. Of the first fifty deals only #25 and #31 look unwinnable.
    crown.JPG
    734 x 148 - 34K