Forty Eight and Cells

1 Deck. Hard (10%). Skill.
Relatively straightforward little game. Probably deserves to be in the Medium category. Eight of the first ten are winnable. Nos. 1 and 2 were the losers.

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I like this game a lot as well. Some deals work out but others don't. At one time I tried to implement this game in a different solitaire collection and ended up inadvertently creating "Forty Eight and Cells Easy" with tableau building regardless of suit. The original is still fairly challenging but entertaining.

Bastiko
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Cheers Bastiko. I often wonder how many players give games in the Hard and Very Hard categories a wide berth and miss out on some games that are well within their own capabilities.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    That was exactly the case for me, Richard. When I first looked at the game, I thought it was Six by Four meets ForeCell with tableau building by alternate color, which if it was the case, would be a hard game indeed. But then I reread the rules and found that the tableau is built by different suit, which gives a fighting chance and makes it attractive.

I have a 50% win rate with around 26 games played. I'm sure you can do better.

Bastiko
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Nice work Bastiko. I won't even try to beat your admirable 50% win rate. There are many more "Hard" category games I will do battle with instead. :)