Version update - game stats are messed up (17.2 --> 19.2)

Dear Solitaire Fellows,

today I tried to update goodsol, everything went fine - until next month I play the unregistered version, then I can buy the newest update. But I have problems with my saves, it seems. Since I own the game, I play almost every day a few rounds of Forwards and Backwards, Block and British Canister (no need to say, without success). Besides these and 14 others games I had at least one win for each games - so I was really happy to see that a lot of new games appeared under the menu tab "not won yet". Soon I was getting suspicious that something is wrong here: a few games that I won in the past appeared in this list. Is it a bug?
maybe a bug.jpg
1360 x 768 - 322K

Comments

• Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    >Is it a bug?

Well, this appears to be a minor bug in Pretty Good Solitaire (on Windows), but it could be a result of other changes on your system unrelated to (but affecting) PGS.

You may find that, after looking at the statistics for Towers of Ilium and seeing the wins, switching filters (or closing and reopening the program) will remove that game from the 'Not Won' list.

Out of curiosity: Did the wins show up in the quick statistics when you highlighted the game in the list, or did it show "Wins: 0" at the top of the screen until (or even) after you clicked on 'Statistics'?
  • edited February 28 Member
    "You may find that, after looking at the statistics for Towers of Ilium and seeing the wins, switching filters (or closing and reopening the program) will remove that game from the 'Not Won' list."

Not exactly: to "purge" the game from the "not won" list, I have to open a new game and then close it - and just after that disappears the game from the list.

On the picture you can see that the "quick" statistics show Wins: 0 - even if the statistics tab shows that it is not the case.

It doesn`t bother me, if it is a bug - I was just really happy that sooo many new games are available in the new version, but then I realised that some of them are in fact old.

EDIT: I`ve found another "won yet still not won" game - I closed the program without opening a new game. After restarting the program the game wasn`t on the list anymore, you were right, Seelhoff!
    11th heaven.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 281K