Batsford (Forty Thieves type)

2 Decks. Hard (8%). Skill/Luck balanced.
One of the newer Forty Thieves games in PGS. It deserves to be more popular particularly as it is not nearly as difficult as the rating suggests.
15 of the first 25 are definitely winnable but I'm pretty sure some of the ones I failed with could be won with more effort.
Bat.JPG
726 x 121 - 31K
pgs
pgs
Batsford_25.pgs

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    Batsford Rush looks like an interesting variation.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Perhaps, but as Batsford was 60% winnable with no redeals, Batsford Rush could be much higher with two of them. I am currently plying another Hard category game so it will be a while before I try B.R. I'd want to play about 50 before an accurate winning percentage could be established. If you want to make a start though. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken, Batsford Rush, first 20 are all winnable. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Batsford Rush, random 15 games - no one lost.
    batsford_rush.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 471K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well done Alexa. I believe a patient person could win practically all of them. I found that it could be an advantage if I left a space open instead of filling it immediately from the Kings cell. After all, you are allowed to fill it any time you wish and a different coloured king might become available later and be a better choice to fill the space with.
    Batsford rush is much easier than Batsford. With Batsford I have a miserable statistics :) But both of them are great games!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I always tell people to play the games that they like. Glad you have enjoyed both of them. :)
  • edited March 9 Member, Beta Tester
    Batsford Again is easier as well, along with Batsford Rush too. I play both of those and have them as favorites.

By the way, Batsford is a Klondike Type.