Forty-Nine

2 Decks. Very Hard (<1%). Skill/Luck balanced.
This is VERY difficult.
Two recent winners. Today 1930794367 took me around nine hours to win. Yesterday 1522610304 was won in considerably less time.
Older winners were, 1863096319,1044652160 and 1553947776 if anyone is interested.
pgs
pgs
Forty-Nine_1522610304.pgs
pgs
pgs
Forty-Nine_1930794367.pgs

Comments

• Member, Beta Tester
    I won Forty-Nine 5 years ago this month with 371399969
    It only took me 32 minutes so it must have been an easy one!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    None of them are easy Ken.(imho). Well done. Thanks for posting it. I'll definitely give it a go.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Ken, it wasn't one of the horror deals. Thanks. :)
    347225185, 311482113, 1931966975,1863096319 and 152260304 are other winners I found under an older user name.
    That appears to be 11 winners for a game called 49. Only a madman would attempt that challenge. I'll let you know how I get on. >:)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Here's an oldy but goody from 2007 - #1339366784
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Larry. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Looking at my old forum for Forty-Nine (2007), Richard posted the infamous #37139969 along with #1929746688.
  • edited March 15 Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for those Larry but alas my elation was short lived. 37139969 is a typo for 371399969 which is already in this thread. The other number is brand new to me. Brilliant. =D>
    I have started my day well with the attached partial which was subsequently won. I couldn't believe it when I had two empty columns with just one card in the waste with 517255617.
    Fourteen winners now!
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_517255617.pgs
    512B
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_517255617 (2).pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    35 to go!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    1788132479 now contradicts you Ken. :)
    49.JPG
    344 x 54 - 13K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard,
    Did you save #1514830720 (posted on the Pantagruel page), it has me stymied.
    Thanks
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry, I can find no trace of it at all Larry. I'm baffled. I can't understand why I wouldn't have saved it. I'll play it again and see if I can repeat my "win". It doesn't even look that promising..
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No! That game just isn't winnable Larry. I have just one saved game on the 11th when I posted in the Pantagruel thread. I can find nothing that look similar enough to have been a typo. I'd deleted my game stats so they only go as far back as the 14th so I cannot even find it there. Perhaps it was a game oi something else I'd won. I am absolutely baffled and can only apologise. :-??
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "See what you make of this Forty Thieves game I won yesterday. Forty-Nine 1514830720 . Rated as Very Hard (<1%). Skill/Luck balanced. " Could it be that that # was for Forty Thieves?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Good suggestion Ken, but no. I've not played Forty Thieves since July 2019. Unfortunately I cleared my "Recently played" folder this morning so I'm fishing in the dark. I've opened a lot of the games I've played recently. Nothing in their stats either. It's annoying the soul out of me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A symptom of not being to the pub in 24 days?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I've not been in a pub since September Ken. I always have 2 or 3 beers in the fridge but I probably only drink one in a month these days. I am pretty ill for about 7 months per year, but not a whole lot better the remaining five months.. You'd not credit the amount of stuff I cough up every day. Ranges from dark orange to bright yellow. I use sheets of kitchen roll for hankies. Nothing the quacks have prescribed has made any impact. Four antibiotics, steroid tablets, nasal sprays, Ventalin inhalers, asthma inhalers, sputum, blood and stool tests, x-rays and an endoscopy. All they've come up with is a folate deficiency. You'll understand why I can't afford to catch the virus and why I've prepaid my funeral. If it wasn't for PGS, the TV and my garden I'd be in the nuthouse. I hear that Dignitas in Switzerland have had to lay off staff. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Here is one I've just played. It would be winnable had the 8C been in the tableau rather than the 8S. I'm too befuddled to attempt to swop them over and try to reproduce my moves thereafter.
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_335041505-64.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You poor guy! Take care of yourself...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    As my mother would have said, "It looks like another clean shirt will probably do you". :-j It's going to have its work cut out putting me in a box, I'll tell you. >:) I'm the epitome of the Scots word "thrawn".
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Add #606967552 to the club. It takes a lot of cherry-picking to find a winner.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I had stuff like that coming out of me my third week in the Army. The gave me two kinds of cough syrup. And it cleared up within a couple of days. But what you have sounds more serious. I hope you can get it cleared up. Getting in to see a doctor may be tricky right now.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The doctors have been farting about with this problem for several years now Mike. Practically nothing they do has any impact and their tests identify nothing. The only thing that worked to some degree were tiny steroid tablets. Eight taken simultaneously every day for a week I badgered a nurse practitioner into giving me a second batch a few months later. Both times my senses of taste and smell returned for about a week. On my last visit to the quack I asked for more and was told, "We just can't keep giving you steroids". I maintain my problem is caused by two near neighbours and their Fred Flintstone fires. They get those damned log-burners and discover that the proper seasoned wood is expensive so they burn brand new stuff and God knows what else! Who checks? It was announced quite recently that stringent new regulations are to be introduced. They are extremely air polluting but the quack won't put her name on anything I can take to the Environmental Health people. Just go away and die quietly is the subliminal message.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    WELL DONE Larry! Finding a viable deal is a nightmare. I had one a week or two ago that had three empty columns but was impossible to win. A critical 3S and a 3D appeared simultaneously early in the deal. Everything I tried had no impact.
    I play quite a number each day but usually even even when you get two columns empty you eventually have to concede defeat. I like playing it though.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another specimen has been added to the collection. Decent partial plus solution. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_933357568-LD.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_933357568-won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm not going to play any more until tomorrow. Enough is enough. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_2002924799_p.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_2002924799-Won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Difficult to find but another one has been unearthed.
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_1080921856.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_1080921856-Won.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #747075712 makes the grade.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Good man! =D>
  • Member, Beta Tester
    This one could be winnable but I just can't concentrate long enough to delve back into the waste to find a potential key. It's rare to get three empty columns.
    Good luck. :)
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_712750592-trio.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another hen's tooth.
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_501198497-P.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Forty-Nine_501198497-W.pgs