Triple Interchange

edited August 2011 in Is It Winnable?
Here is a TI i have really enjoyed. Of course winnable. #1078. :)

Best Answers

• Member, Beta Tester Answer ✓
    Thanks Markus,
    most difficult TI I've played in a long time. Every time I made a breakthrough it threw another spanner in the works.
    I've saved it in case I ever want it again.
    31 is the best score possible.
    #1088 was declared unwinnable. The next should be #1211 if the hands stay the same.
    Who knows. You may be able to solve it.
    Sorry Markus, we'd established that ages ago. It's just one of those rare games where every avenue is blocked. Worth playing though.
    There should be no problem until #1278. Not that far away.
    Did we win that one or not Mike?
    I do not have #1216 as a loser. I might have missed it. Or it is a different hand now than when we played it.
    Markus, Triple Interchange is not in 101. We've discussed this before. #1216 is not winnable in my opinion. If worrying back was allowed it may have been possible.
    Markus, It is difficult to compare TI games because it is available in several different Goodsol collections. Also as we discovered some time ago, there is also the possibility of a very rare difference between deals from one collection to another. I only have TI in the original PGS Windows version.
    I played #1216 until I was satisfied it was a loser. I tried as many different approaches as I could. As worrying back is not possible in my PGS version I spent no time wondering if it would have made any difference. There will certainly be some TI's that can be won using it, but are unwinnable otherwise. As soon as I hit an impassable obstacle I tried something else. The same applies to the scores. They were of no importance, so I didn't give them a second glance.
    What was your best score?
    I must have missed writing down #1216. Well done Markus to find it. Since #1216 has been tried and not conquered it is time to move ahead.
    Well done. I wonder if we didn't make a mistake when we recorded it as a winner when we played it previously. I was such a long time ago I honestly couldn't say.
    Yes you did understand something wrong..........."I wonder if we didn't make a mistake when we recorded it as a winner when we played it previously".
    This is the opposite of saying "I wonder if we made a mistake", in other words I think we may have won it previously and that the reason Mike does not have it on his list of losers is because we won it. This was about 4 years ago.
    Not bad.....Was he crossed with a Doberman? Looks like he's had his tail docked. If he was Scottish you could say "there's a moose loose aboot this hoose".
    Ok. Here is the last word on #1216. I forgot to write it down as a loser Underline "LOSER". It was never winnable and still is not winnable. The end. Now go find some more I forgot to write down!
    Markus, you asked earlier on in this thread of an instance where worrying back would make the difference between winning or losing a T.I. There is a glaring example in #1216.
    Is worrying back allowed in the version you used to win that game? I can see no other way in which it can be won.
    Just answer the question Markus.
  • edited September 2011 Member, Beta Tester Answer ✓
    Never mind
    Well that was interesting. Here I thought I had missed another number and BEHOLD it is winnable. How often are we going to go through this.

Comments

• edited August 2011 Member, Beta Tester
    It helped making a screenshot after the first fast run through with a dead end. So i could do it the second try with just about 10 longer undo sequences.
    BTW i have saved all TI-s i have needed more than 20 minutes for (just in case Ken needs them :-)) )
  • Member, Beta Tester
    How about #1088. Can anyone make it a winner? That means, can anyone find somewhere in that shuffle a red Jack? I doubt it, but who knows? 31 points so far. :-?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Agreed. I went already on.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, i have only the not winners for the first 1000 and i didn't search for the next. But thanks for the next one.
  • edited August 2011 Member, Beta Tester
    Another nice one, which gave me trouble. I call it: on the search for the red 2s. #1145.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    #1211. Mike, nope, no chance to win it. All important cards are burried.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No, you didn't.

Mike, please check the deals for #1216
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Please check the hands between PGS and 101.

I have still some moves i didn't try, so there is hope, but maybe it is one of those where the shuffle is different.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Even with worrying back it is in my opinion not possible, because, there is no chance of worrying back. What card you have had in mind for worrying and on which pile?
    With just 8H and no JH and no 4D or another 4C very difficult.

In the first 1000 there had been one game, where the shuffle was different from PGS and when i remember right, then it seems, that one (Mike ???) could prove that, because he have had both versions. But maybe i am remembering wrongly. When i find time, then i will try to find the messages within the old forum.
  • edited September 2011 Member, Beta Tester
    Found it: just one exception (?) of the discussion about #722:

"I can confirm that Triple Interchange deal #722 is different between PGS [Windows] and the beta versions of PGSME and GS300. "

So, when you have GS300, you can compare (as Ken did), but as you described it, they seem to be the same. :-(

What is your maximum score?
  • edited September 2011 Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, you asked for my best score for #1216: 156.

My elk is already celebrating on the Oktoberfest.
    adfsd.jpg
    375 x 64 - 8K
    Elch.gif
    110 x 110 - 12K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "I wonder if we didn't make a mistake when we recorded it as a winner when we played it previously." ???

It is a winner. (Or did i understand something wrong?)

I saw while going for maximum the important move with the diamonds, and with this, i could clear one column (when i remember right column 3). After that, no more problem.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    At least it fell and my elk got some drink. How do you like him?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No Richard, i didn't worry back. I have solved the solution, if you need it (i know, you cannot read it, but for important screenshots).