Corona (NOT the virus!)

Richard, do you remember how we used to play this back in the day back before the word "Corona" was verboten? Somehow playing this game and winning makes me feel better about the state of the world.
Try your luck with 53

Comments

• edited March 24 Member, Beta Tester
    Corona #53. 2 Decks. Medium (25%). Skill/Luck balanced.
    Do I remember? Well no Ken. When I return to games that I've obviously played heaps of some time ago it's like a whole new page. I've to reteach myself how to play them. It must be years since I played any Coronas.
    Now, you said to try my "luck" with #53. As Tina Turner once said, "What's luck got to do, got to do with it?".
    A very early partial shows how I contrived to get a 3D into the tableau. When one eventually appears from the stock you play the 10D onto the JD and introduce it. Another terminal mistake can be made if you play the 5S from the stock onto a foundation. Ignore it. It can be buried. You must play the existing one from the tableau instead as it covers a critical 6S. It follows that you must work out how to uncover those. Oh, and be very careful about which 7D you play onto a foundation. It was no accident that I allowed the second one into a valuable space. Luck! I ask you! ;))
    Also attaching a later partial and my full solution.
    pgs
    pgs
    Corona_53_3D.pgs
    380B
    pgs
    pgs
    Corona_53-P.pgs
    pgs
    pgs
    Corona_53.pgs
  • Member, Beta Tester
    when I was young in the 1960s there was a company called Corona who made soft drinks and they used to deliver to houses and we called him the Corona man. I do not think he would be welcome now.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Corona is a major beer brand in the States Paul.
    corona beer.JPG
    681 x 390 - 45K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    more info
    Corona was a brand of carbonated soft drink produced by Thomas & Evans Ltd in South Wales, and distributed across the United Kingdom. The firm was created by grocers William Thomas and William Evans when they saw a market for soft drinks caused by the growing influence of the temperance movement. The company's first factory was based in Porth, Rhondda, eventually expanding to 87 depots and factories throughout Britain.[1] Corona was sold to the Beecham Group in 1958 and subsequently to Britvic, but stopped trading as a brand in the late 1990s.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Corona is also a brand of American cigars Paul. That's three things they now have that could kill you. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    LOL!