Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Canada and Mexico are definitely their own distinctive countries. And that's all I have to say about that.
    Scotland and Wales have kept their identities. Scotland still hopes to be on their own, Oh wait. I don't have to tell you that. Now all we need is for someone from Wales to show up. And give the real truth about what is going on there.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Complete and utter chaos in the entire country Mike.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Way to many people.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Are you proposing a cull?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Or a Purge?

• Member, Beta Tester
    Natural selection will do.
  • Member, Beta Tester
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Bar the door! I don't need more trouble.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I know you're a big Black Mirror fan. I just saw that Netflix came out with a full-length Black Mirror movie called Bandersnatch. I'll try to watch it soon and let you know what I think.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I am starting to wonder if Richard's cold got the better of him?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Let's hope not. Maybe he's at the pub celebrating the New Year?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Whatever this is it's no cold. It's making my life a misery. Zero beers and I didn't even stay up for The Bells. That's a first. I get wakened from my sleep every morning between abouit 3 and 4.30am. because I can barely breathe. I'm absolutely shattered and can't be bothered with anything including PGS. The quacks are back to normal schedule tomorrow. This is now urgent.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It has us worried. Possibly pneumonia?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My mom had pneumonia last year and it started out like that. Get a chest x-ray ASAP!
  • edited January 2019 Member, Beta Tester
    I had an injection a year or so ago that is supposed to prevent pneumonia. I was thinking along those lines but I don't have the fever or sweating symptoms. The rest are spot on. Got a long lie this morning. Slept through to 6am from about 00.45. Lucky me.
    When I was in my 20's I worked with blue asbestos sometimes for a week at a stretch. I had to touch it constantly and the air was full of its dust. Don't think it's that but will be demanding x-rays today.
    How did they treat your mom Ken?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    She was hospitalized for three days and they gave her massive antibiotics.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Ken. Hoping to avoid the hospital part if possible if our diagnosis is correct.
    The quack-shop was closed when I phoned at 07.30. Recorded message gives emergency number. As I've had this sh-you-know-what for so long now I figured I could wait until tomorrow when they will be back to normal.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    So the day after Xmas is Boxing Day. What's the day after New Year's called? Punching Day? Is that why they are closed?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    They are very sick people
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I also had the shot a couple of years ago. That doesn't mean a new strain can't pop up. I am always looking on the bright side. My main doctor wants me to get the anti shingles shot. Luckily. My pharmacy never has it. The shot. Not the shingles.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Are doctors in the US not just salesmen Mike? The more drugs they can talk you into, the more money they make? Do they give you Loyalty Cards? :) At least our lot are not trying to sell us anything. My thought for the day is, if a doctor was really good at his job he would quickly become unemployed. They can't cure cynicism for a start. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You couldn't make it up! I phoned the quack-shop this morning and eventually got through. They were short staffed as one of the doctors was off sick. Physician, heal thyself indeed. Unless my condition was very urgent they'd not be able to see me until Monday!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We've all been there. From an email I received yesterday,
    ( Our friend)"Bill got really wild with his computer. So he took it out and laid it on the drive and went and got the big tractor. First he thumped it with the bucket. Then he put the bucket on its edge and crunched it several times before driving over it. He came in very happy". =D> =D> =D>
    That's a pint I owe him.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The drugs my diabetes doctor prescribed seem to be working. Of course I am not eating candy. And have cut back on cookies. But the doctor seems pleased. My tremor hasn't changed much. So I guess I have gone as far as I am going with that. But it has been cold. Well cold for me. I am still trying to decide on my back operation.
    Don't you have a urgent care place there? And is it covered by insurance? Whatever you have going on dose not seem to be improving. You can always just fall down on the floor. And have Liz call the EMT's.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Glad your diabetes is under control Mike. Think carefully re the back operation. You need to be very sure it will make a decent difference or maybe it's not work the risk. I could have got an appointment today if I'd insisted it was an emergency. In fact I could get seen by a doctor 24/7 just by lifting the phone. No insurance needed here. They said that they were already snowed under with emergency appointments so I told them that I had coped for ages so far and another few days wouldn't make any difference. She said I could change my mind any time I chose. I'll just swear at it some more. That seems to help. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well, that's one thing we have in common, Mike. I LOVE my sweets! (I know I should be careful but they're so good!) What's your favorite candy? And I can take or leave cake or donuts but if somebody brings over cookies, I'm done for!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A little of what you fancy does you good apparently. :) Are mincemeat pies a Christmas thing in the States? Ive been getting through about 18 per week since early December. God knows how much sugar they contain. Drat! Just consulted the box. 17g in each 45g pie. The shortcrust pastry is also made with butter. Sadly they are now discontinued until the festive period next year. Makes no sense to me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My favorite is See's candy. Not sold in all of the states. Next comes Hershey bars. And of course kisses. And the Cadbury eggs at Easter. I have two boxes sitting right here. Unopened. So far.
  • edited January 2019 Member, Beta Tester
    I try and be good but my mother's sweet tooth is worse than mine and she makes me buy candy at the market. She tells me that I don't have to eat it (as if!).