Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Classic! :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, one of your good qualities (or is it a bad quality?) is that you see all sides of an issue. If somebody was new to the board, they could easily identify which side of the political fence Mike and I are on. So, I'm saying this all to ask you a simple question. Are you for Brexit or against it? Which way did you vote? (Or if you didn't vote, which way would you have voted?)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I voted to leave the EU. However we were lied to and had no idea of the realities of what would transpire. We naively imaginede we would just give them the finger and that would be that. We've heard the B word numerous times every day for over 1000 days now. Hundreds of "experts" have been interviewed on the box and I doubt if anybody knows any more about it than they did back then. And we still dont know when/if we will ever leave. Everybody is sick to the back teeth hearing about it. Lots of people would happily reverse their vote and stop the exit process just to shut the media up ...... but not me. Its only a matter of time before the EU implodes. Italy is in recession, Greece owes the Central Bank megabucks, and Germany is close to recession itself. Anti EU feelings are on the rise in France and Poland in particular. It's terminally ill and it serves them right for making the UK jump through endless hoops . I wish them luck though. =)) =)) =))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I hope it's a wide fence. I am a very sensitive little fellow.
    I didn't like either candidate in the last Presidential election. All, I try to do is point out when Trump does something stupid (like tweet). Or when the media twists things around. Like they are doing now.
    I thought the EU was wrong in the beginning. And I still do. But that one is for Europe to work out. But it can have a effect on our economy. So we need to watch how it goes. But keep our mouths shut.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    News is distorted all the time these days. Some people are being led by the nose and believe all of the disinformation the puppeteers want them to believe. Do any of us know who is really pulling the strings? I think not. I use so many pinches of salt these days that we now buy in bulk. Trump can't be in the wrong all of the time, that much I do know.
    The EU debachle is coming to a critical head.We are scheduled to leave at 11pm UK time on Friday, 29 March 2019.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    President Trump has a huge ego. I get a laugh at some of stuff he has come up with about himself. I could go into a number of the positive things he has done. And also the negative. But the negative people are already doing that. And it will not stop. They just keep dreaming stuff up.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    History will judge him Mike. They will also judge his critics. The problem is that these days it is impossible to differentiate between the truth and all the garbage that people have made up. He said he would build a wall. That's true. His wall is being built. That's also true. Funding obtained for another 50 miles according to today's news. This has got to have a huge impact on the amount of drugs that are flooding the US from the south. Fixing that will free up the manpower to screen people properly and allow genuine refugees to enter your country. Criminals will find it increasingly difficult to cross the border. How he will tackle the Rio Grande will be the main problem. It's too easy to cros it at the moment.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I was reading an old magazine on my lunch hour (what else is there to read in a hospital?) and there was an article about the attempted murder of a expat Russian living in Britain. (Remember that one? Where the guys rubbed poison on his doorknob? ) The article was saying after they bungled the job, the Russians planted so MANY false narratives in the media that even rational people were doubting that the Russians had anything to do with it even though there was clear evidence.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hard to forget that event Ken. It took almost a year before Salisbury was declared clear of Novichok. The clean up of eleven contaminated sites must have cost a fortune. The Russians did what they usually do. They denied everything. They accused others. They even tried to convince the world that the nerve agent had leaked from a British government establishment. They put doubts into people's minds every time they get up to their vile games. It is a gangster regime. Of course that buffoon Jeremy Corbyn backed them up. He could well be our next Prime Minister. I hope he gets hit by a truck..... twice. \:D/
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, I just got back from having dinner with a Republican friend of mine (see, you're not the only one!) and I told her that Trump was doing all Republicans a favor because no matter how much we hate the next Republican President, all us Democrats will say that we can't think of anybody worse than Trump. And she says, "I can...Hillary Clinton"
    I had to laugh!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    You have a very intelligent friend. Besides me of course
    On another note. I took my aluminum cans to the recycle place today. I would rather get the money than the trash company. I asked one of the guys about the prices for aluminum. And how much it fluctuates. Right now. Here in America the recycle price is low. There is plenty being turned in. Same with glass and plastic. I wish others would stop messing with my profits!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, how's your nose polyp?
  • edited March 27 Member, Beta Tester
    Haa. Thanks for reminding me Ken. I'd better phone the quack and get the results.
    EDIT
    Recorded message. New hours. Closes at 1pm on Wednesday. I'll try to remember to phone tomorrow.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The lunatics have finally taken over the asylum. The imbeciles we elected to govern our country decided to act unilaterally and settle Brexit all by themselves. They chose eight different Brexit plans and voted on them in a secret ballot. Their answer to each question on the ballot paper was "No". They couldn't agree on the colour of snow. No wonder poor Theresa May can't get her deal approved by them. They know no shame. Guy Fawkes had the right idea.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, did you hear about the woman in Scotland who feels no pain? Interesting story!

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gene-mutation-woman-feels-no-pain-offers-hope-182000983.html
  • edited March 29 Member, Beta Tester
    Yes Ken, she's been on the news and I've seen her interviewed. She told us that she once put her forearm onto a hot cooker and didn't notice until she smelled meat burning in her vegan household. It could offer hope to people in chronic pain if it can be duplicated.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Plus be the only person in the UK able to endure countless hours of coverage about Brexit?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We were supposed to have left the EU today but yet another governmental defeat put paid to that. We have been ranted an extension to the end of this month then it would appear we either have to leave the EU without any deal in place or accept the one that most MP's can't stomach. It they try to get a further extension then the UK will have to participate in European Elections BY LAW! Imagine how that would go down. We already have mass demonstrations in the capital. This is excrutiating.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have no more idea what is going on in Brexit than I do in finding a Democrat who can figure out there is a crisis at our boarder.
    President O'bama washed his hands on Brexit. He gave Cameron no thoughts either way. Barack was too busy importing refugees from the middle east. Just because Angela Merkel was letting them in. And the EU was forcing Italy to take a lot. The world is changing big time. And no Green New Deal is going to change that. BTW. Many coastal cities were already suppose to be under water. At least if we limit fossil fuels. No one will be able to travel anywhere. Except by foot.
    The EU bureaucracy is already well entrenched. Why would they want anyone to quit.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I've said it before Mike. Politicians are devious professional liars. What they say and what they do are invariably at odds. Brexit is a disaster. Those muppets in parliament have now rejected ten concepts about how we should leave. THEY suggested them, they voted on them and they dismissed them. You couldn't make it up! Too many personal agendas and people plotting this that and the other. The EU refers to the UK as their "friends" whilst doing everything in their power to obstruct our exit. They know that WHEN we leave it will mark the beginning of theend for their cosy little elitist club and derail the gravy train. I wish them luck ... all bad.
    Obama? Who? He totally failed to leave any positive mark on history. Didn't one sarcastic critic used to call him "The big O"? ;)) Merkel's idea of an open-door Europe was preposterous. Countries eventually ignored her and the EU hierarchy, and took their own actions to stem the flow. They are still getting into the EU in smaller numbers. Once they get through the outer borders there are no national borders to prevent them getting right up to the English Channel, France could do more to prevent them getting across this last obstacle. That's why I sympathise with Donald Trump and his wall. If that is the only way to prevent the invasion then it must proceed. It will be interesting to see what will happen if he carries out his threat to close your southern border. Mexico is your France.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Politicians as we have said are hypocrites. One year they say one thing. And then reverse themselves the next. What ever side they are on at the moment. When democrat Nancy Pulosi was trying to pass the Affordable Care Act. She said. "Let's pass it. And then we will read it". The health care plan that has been a mess. When the Republicans were trying to pass tax reform she said. "We haven't had a chance to read it". Both parties do it. I don't know how anything gets done in Parliament with all the different parties involved. Because not much is going to get done in ours. Until the Democrats take charge of the Senate. And then my country is screwed.
    Mr. O'bama was the best basketball playing President we ever had. And that's about it. Eight years in office. With a majority in both the House and Senate for almost two of those. And not much good happened. The Republicans could not put up a decent candidate to run against him. And the Democrats were growing in strength. California could almost elect a President on their own.
    Brexit it seems is dead. No one wants to accept the possibilities that could happen. And I stress the word could. Had they made a plan in the beginning. It could have been managed. But now. It seems to late.
    The wall of Trump. Can't cover every spot when people can set even a toe in the US. But it could slow down the number. And at least force the drug cartels to try and go through manned checkpoints. We have to do something more. And denying there is not a crisis is just plain stupid.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "Let's pass it and then we'll read it". Seriously? Did she escape from an asylum? Who the heck votes for cretins like her?
    In the UK parliament many MP's are lawyers. Exactly same applies to the House of Lords.
    Whatever party is in power has a huge number of permanent Civil Servants at their complete disposal. Many of those are also lawyers. With hugely complex Acts they will go through them with a fine tooth comb and highlight anything they believe needs attention. MP's then decide if the Act needs to be revised before it actually becomes law. MP's have to be prepared to answer questions the opposition parties throw at them whilst trying to trip them up. At the bare minimum they must be conversant with the most important parts.
    Brexit is not dead .... just sleeping. We have another 13 days to leave and by God they'd better listen to the public. Everyone is furious. They belong in the circus with the other clowns.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think Mike was paraphrasing. What she really asked Republicans was "If I pass gas, can you smell it?"
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I hope you're not suggesting that Mr. Trump trumps are you Ken? ;)) Billy Connolly once informed us that people like the Queen get an oporation called a Fartectomy. They use keyhole surgery and go in with a pair of tweesers and squeeze things. The one that makes a rude noise is whipped out and discarded. This is yet another example of the informative and intellectual information that's available free of charge in this forum. We are a service to humanity....... and not a Nobel prize between the lot of us. It's a disgrace.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Somehow it seems logical that the royals would do exactly that. I must not be thinking straight. More likely. It comes out like Chanel #5.
  • edited April 1 Member, Beta Tester
    From solving the Brexit problem. And discussions about climate change. To passing odors. We have really gone down hill. :-S
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Is cleaning up the atmosphere a trivial matter?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, before I clicked on the vid, I thought it was going to be the classic, "Where have all the farts gone? Long time passing"
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No Ken. Was my video a bitter blow? I decided on a wind of change. ;))