Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    You guys just can't get over it!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry Mike, we're just farting around. Even Jumpin Jack Flash had the gas,gas,gas.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    LOL!!!!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    And I thought you two were clever.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I hope Debbie knows that you are expressing an opinion Mike. :-j
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We're not clever, Mike, we're smart (as in smart-ass!)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Not bums.... asses..... and that's the bottom line. ;))
  • edited April 2 Member, Beta Tester
    From wind to wind-bags. Minutes ago Theresa May told a press conference that after 7 hours of debate with her cabinet today she is going back to Brussels to request a second extension to the Brexit process. Shameless! :((
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Best quote I've heard in ages. "Politics is like show business for ugly people".
  • edited April 3 Member, Beta Tester
    I am allowed. With permission. To express my own ideas.
    Isn't it a sad. That a sovereign country. Has to beg to do something. But. I know the feeling.
    Theresa May is being constantly stabbed in the back. She expects that from her political "enemies" but members of her own party are doing it on a daily basis too. She's been lumbered with a job that nobody else wants ..... but each and every one of them wants to tell her how to do it. And as if that's not enough, every time they are through bitching and trying to get their own ways, she has to humitiate herself by going back to Brussels to try to get a concession from them despite the fact that they've told us repeatedly that there will be no further neotiations. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Mrs.May has presented her deal to parliament three times now. She has lost the vote on each occasion. She intends to do so for a fourth time apparently.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    There is a row brewing about British Paras using a large photograph of Jeremy Corbyn for target practice. It's been suggested that there must be a selection of other suitable candidates, and that it needn't be confined to just British ones. Some people might say that we are spoiled for choice ...... but obviously not me .... cos I'm nice. Have a smile. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I heard that the DUP party is cocking it up. True?
    True and false I suppose Ken. They are a minority party that is in coalition with May's Conservatives. Without their support the Conservatives would have been a minority government and under normal circumstances get nothing done. With three years of Brexit nothing much has been done anyway. :) I can't blame the DUP. If an Irish party won't fight for the interests of their Irish constituants, who would?
    The EU are bully-boys and have a track record of getting their own way, or else so to speak. Poor non-EU Switzerland has been engaged in "negotiations" :-j with them for five years. They are completely encircled by EU members. In order to get trade concessions they had to submit to the "free movement of people" insanity that Merkel & Co bullied everyone into. That was the primary reason the UK voted to give them the finger.
    A general knowledge question for you. I suspect you won't know the answer. I didn't.
    Q. There are 12 stars on the flag of the EU. What do they represent?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The twelve stars should represent the EU member countries. But I think you have a better answer. And why? Is there a W in answer?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    There are currently 28 full members of the EU Mike plus others like Canada, Norway and Switzerland that are partal members.
    There are 12 stars arranged in a circle, much the same shape as a zero, and that's exactly what they represent and what they talk about most of the time. :-j
    The word "answer" is derived from the same root as "swear". Now that you know don't ask me why there is a w in "know". :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I thought the answer was the number of EU countries that wish Trump was their Supreme Leader instead of the one they currently have... (Richard, since Theresa May is exactly beloved right now, should we count UK as one of the 12?)
  • edited April 4 Member, Beta Tester
    Okay I won't ask. 28 full members. Well. It seemed like a good idea at the time. To idiots.
    BTW. I am going to be gone for the next few days. Try to have fun without me. I won't be having any.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We won't be having any fun, Mike. After all, we can't insult ourselves! (Or can we?)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Theresa May is still more popular here than Donald Trump. Trump is trying to do something very difficult by building a wall that was one of his election pledges and probably led to him being elected. By comparison Thresa May is trying to acomplish the impossible by delivering Brexit because the najority here voted for it. It is political suicide because parliament has split itself into numerous factions that are all pulling in different directions. I feel sorry for her, She's just a pawn on a chess board
    About the flag ....... the stars have no significance whatsoever. They are just a random number that looks quite attractive against the blue background. That was just a random colour too. A cynic would try to draw your attention to those stars. Their gold colour could represent the more than adequate wages of the MEP's. Their sharp pointed bits could signify that you are surrounded by pricks regardless of any political direction. The colour of the flag itself could suggest that they are pretty much in the dark 24/7.

It would appear that Mike is going somewhere he'd rather not. I'm getting the words "wife" and "sister" through the ether. That incidentally is also an anaesthetic and may not be a bad suggestion. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, when Debbie complains about you, show her this article and tell her it could be worse, you could be married to this guy!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/newlywed-downed-4-beers-flight-went-homophobic-rant-attacked-flight-attendants-way-honeymoon-091737033.html
  • edited April 4 Member, Beta Tester
    And he looks like such a nice guy. Ha! It's a pity the article didn't tell us whether his wife continued to their honeymoon destination or not.
    Btw, the way you have worded your sentence appears to imply that Mike could have married this guy. :-j He'll probably forgive you.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Very funny
    So far it hasn't been much fun
  • edited April 5 Member, Beta Tester
    Pray do tell Mike. Where are you, why are you there, and is it true you're away for two months? We already know whose idea it was.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, do you compost? My city is offering composting equipment for 1/2 off. Should I get it?
  • edited April 5 Member, Beta Tester
    I do to a small extent Ken. I never bought any proper compostting equipment so I suppose I didn't make any real effort. It is highly recommended in all the gardening shows I watch. The ones that appear to get most green lights are those that you fill from the top and can be totated lengthwise by turning a handle at the side. That process nixes the material and speeds up the process dramatically. Another type that I fancy is marketed as a wormery. Basically you put garden waste and veg parings from your kitchen into it and the brandling type worms pull it into the soil, eat it and excrete it as compost. Obviously it couldn't cope with large amounts of material at any one time. It also has a bonus feature whereby users can turn a small tap and drain off a brown liquid that is an excellent plant food. Very organic in every respect. Great that your city is offering 50% discount. Surely worth trying.
    Last night I watched a documentary from Borneo. It is beset by monsoons twice every year so the soil is now practically devoid of nutrients. The species that survived had to evolve enormously. They showed us worms that were two feet long and that crawled quite quickly over the surface to find mates to breed with. They were pursued by an even bigger bright orange leech. It had evolved to hunt this prey because of the absence of mammals to suck blood from. When it caught up with a giant worm it swallowed it millimetre by millimetre until it had ingested the lot. You'd need smaller worms in your composter. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    This trip seems like 2 months already
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Which two? July and August are nice. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    July and August? Not in Chico. It's 100 degrees or more. The weather was rainy at times. But mostly just heavy cloud cover.
    My brother-in-law drove me up to the fire area in Paradise Ca.I have never seen anything like it. I am sure London and other cities have been through a lot too. But this kind of devastation really hit me hard. It will take at least five years for the cleanup. Mother nature sure can get riled up.
    Back home now. Going to rest up.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Paracise eh? There is a definite irony there. I guess that those who lived there were comforted in the knowledge that "something is going on" and it will sort itself out. :D
    Glad you're back Mike. :)