Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    We just had a flock of butterflies cruising past here the other day. People who asking what they were.
    Send some of the Swedish ladies over here. There might be one for Ken.
    Greenland is a expanding its ice. I am not sure if that's true. But if I post it enough. It will be.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Your butterflies were almost certainly Monarchs Mike. They have the 2nd longest migration route of all butterflies at 3000 miles. The longest travellers are Painted Lady butterflies at well over 7000 miles. I've seen one or two in my garden quite a few times over the last three weeks. First ones I've ever seen.
    Why would you want to inflict Ken with a Swedish woman? Some painted ladies are easier to accommodate than others.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Hej jag heter Ken. Kan du laga mat?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We have a fair amount of Monarchs flying around. These others hatched after all the rains. They were small. With blue, red. yellow and black color. Once in a while I even see a Tiger Swallowtail.
    I've said that same thing many times Ken. Our new Polish house cleaner is very nice. But she is married. But only thirty years old. But maybe she has a friend.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Czy mogę coś dla ciebie polerować Ken
  • Member, Beta Tester
    LOL! Let me get the wax...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We had a earth quake today!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Donald breaking wind perhaps. ;))
    Seriously, how bad was it Mike?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    At the risk of shaking your house again, do you want me to send you a pic of my sister and Joe Biden, Mike?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    While we felt the quake here. It was actually about 150 miles north of us. A 6.6 I think. Had it been here. We would have had a lot more damage than the small towns close by.
    Your sister might be a better candidate than Joe. But I don't need any pictures. Thanks.
  • edited July 2019 Member, Beta Tester
    "Biggest in years Mike! I'm embarrassed to say that your quake didn't make the news here. At least I heard no coverage. Instead we had lots of footage of the two candidates competing for the Prime Minister job and trying to outlie one another. Oh, and Brexit, plenty about Brexit. Interesting that UK Marines seized an Iranian oil tanker near Gibralter, accusing them of supplying oil to Syria. We've denied that the US government asked us to do so. We deny lots of things
    Joe Biden......sister? Resist. Job done. Anagrams don't lie. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks! The Tour starts tomorrow. Can't wait!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    If I am ever in need of an anagram. I certainly know who to ask.
    I am sitting on the edge of my bicycle seat. Waiting for the tour to start.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, do you hear about Trump in his 4th of July speech praising our Continental Army for securing our airports back in 1776? I heard that Francis Scott Key said later, "Oh say can you see, if I can change my flight reservation?"
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did we have any airports damaged in the Revolutionary war? No they were all safe. Thanks to the Continental Army.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    No I didn't hear about that Ken, but the man is correct. Britain's transantlantic bombers had nowhere to land. Our aircraft carriers couldn't get back from India in time as they were too big to get through the Suez Canal.
    I loved the wooden statue of Melania that was on the news this morning. What a remarkable likeness. I hope the sculptor does one of Donald too.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48890660
    A 7.1 quake hit the news here today. That's powerful! You'd better put stabilisers on your bike Mike. And a hard-hat wouldn't go amiss either.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, Attached photo is of Huntingtower Castle. The walls are several feet thick and should be earthquake-proof. Show the crazy lady. She's have one built for you in no time. Given the similarity to your town's name it's surely an omen. It's seriously haunted but you-know-who would soon scare that away. ;))
    Huntingtower Castle 1.JPG
    1120 x 840 - 652K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    USA ladies played well in the football final and deserved to win. =D>
    Recently on TV we were shown the world's oldest surviving football. Found in Stirling Castle. Dated to 1540. On the same show they showed an old castle invoice about almost 100 years older. One of the items on it was a bag of fut bols. Obviously they couldn't withstand much kicking and were bought in batches.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Well the crazy lady is remodeling our condo. Why not? The association might not like. But she doesn't care. I would rather just move.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Great plan Mike. Just move. Take care she doesn't find out though. ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I tried that once before. But she found me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Another suggestion for you, Richard. See if you can find "Trapped". It's an Icelandic murder mystery TV series that Mom & I really enjoyed.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It is a BBC4 programme Ken. They show thumbnails and synopsis of each episode but then tell us it is "Not available" meantime. It is the second series apparently.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The first series is great! But I haven't heard too many good things about the second series.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Dear Mr.Trump,
    I heard that members of several indigenous North American Indian tribes are to campaign for all immigrants and their progeny to be repatriated to the countries of their ancestors. Sounds like a really tweet idea eh? >:)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Aren't Trump ancestors from Scotland? He and Boris Johnson would make quite the ticket in the UK.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It would leave a big mess if all of non natives left. The Natives to this country would never get it cleaned up. But save me some room in Scotland.
    There seems to be some question as to whether Trumps family is from Germany or wherever. I don't really care. Our economy is doing well. And unemployment is low. The stock market is doing well. And not just for the rich. I know many people who don't make a lot of money. But are able to increase their portfolios for retirement. What goes up. Might come crashing down. Hard. But I hope not. Buying and selling is the way the traders make money. Buy low. Sell high.
    Theresa May joined into the discussion. Trying to get back at Trump for butting into Brexit. So don't expect any help from us if the UK needs anything after the split from the EU. I watched a news conference the four congress ladies held. They just repeated the same old stuff against Trump. And told a few lies too. Trump should have kept his tweeter off about them. But he is not going to sit back and keep being accused of everything under the sun. Next he will be accused of killing Gandhi.
    On a brighter note. England won the World Cup in Cricket. At least Paul will be happy. And as soon as I figure out what Cricket is. I might be happy too.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    And racism and violence against people that are different than us are on the rise. If this is the price we have to pay for a good economy, I'd rather be poor!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The point I was making Mike is that all Americans with the exception of the Indians are either immigrants or descendants of immigrants. Therefore it is indeed racism for Mr. Trump to single out those that he did, presumably because of their skin colour. He definitely has issues with blacks and women. He is constantly lashing out at anyone who dares to contradict him. He is the supreme bully. Sure, he has increased the wealth of Americans but every time he gets a great deal for the US, people in the Third World become poorer. They have to foot the bill when the western world wants a bigger share. Despite what he says publicly I believe he can't wait to hold the UK to ransom after Brexit. He has no scruples. He should remember that 40% of your armed forces are from black and other ethnic groups. You are training a huge number of people to use weapons so I would try not to provoke them.
    Ken, a huge number of people across the world can only aspire to be as "poor" as you and I. If were to write a dystopian future for Trump's American what would it hold for women and black people? >:)