Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Don't tempt me.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    you want to be get shocked for lifetime? =))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Markus, We accept that you look far sexier in a bikini than the rest of us. =))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    A delivery driver who was filmed attempting to drive his van across the Forth Road Bridge during a storm has been banned from the roads.
    David Stanley ignored signs warning not to use the bridge when it was being buffeted by 90mph winds last December.
    He was found guilty of dangerous driving after a trial at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.
    Stanley was ordered to carry out 100 hours of community service and was banned from driving for a year.

• Member, Beta Tester
    I think Forrest Gump said it best: "Stupid is as stupid does"
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Got to make those deliveries. It was probably ale for the pubs.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just found out that Nazareth is a Scottish band. Richard, did they write this song in your honor?

• Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for that Ken. ;) I wonder what Mr.Gump would have to say on the matter.

The craziest accident on the bridge was when a pick-up truck from a builder's yard crossed it. On the back were whole sheets of ply-wood. These were being held down by a man spread-eagled on top of them. A strong gust lifted the sheet, and he took off like Ali Baba on a flying carpet. He was never seen again.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard and/or Paul, Who's winning El Clasico today? And who's a better footballer; Ronaldo or Messi?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'd have to plump for Messi, and Barcelona to win by a single goal. Not a game I'd consider betting hard cash on though. Virtually anything could happen. I actually looked at the following webpage earlier. Perhaps that swayed by judgement. I think Messi is both physically and mentally tougher than Ronaldo.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29697426
  • Member, Beta Tester
    "Although it is a source of considerable irritation for British fans who will be unable to watch the first 15 minutes because of broadcasting regulations"

Why is that? Btw, I'll try and see if I can find it on TV here in Iowa, but I'd appreciate it, Richard, if you'd post the result here. Thanks!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    News to me Ken. I imagine that they have not bought the full TV rights for it and another channel in the UK, probably a subscription or "pay-to-view" has. The free channel will be showing it in full but will not commence screening until 15 minutes has elapsed on the pay channel. That's how I imagine it anyway.
    I know of a sneaky way to watch most sports. I just need to place a small bet with Bet365 and they will stream it to me. People across here like to place bets all the way through matches. In-Play betting. This is how the bookies encourage it. I don't bet at all these days.
    The following link should work for you. Just use the tabs and the date changer to get worldwide results of most sports including American ones.
    Will post the result here anyway as soon as I know it.
    http://www.flashscores.co.uk/
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Interesting. Top scorers
    1. Ronaldo C. Real Madrid 15
    2. Neymar Barcelona 8
    3. Messi L. Barcelona 7
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Got that wrong Ken. Real won by 3 goals to 1 despite Neymar having given Barcelona the lead in just 4 minutes. Romaldo did score from the penalty spot in 35 minutes.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks! Must have been a great match.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Let's talk real football. Great game in London tomorrow.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Is that London, England Mike? ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    WHAT ! Read his comments re 9/11 Don't allow him back into the US for a start. And he wants to be mayor of London into the bargain. Another dangerous fruitcake.
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/comic-brand-wants-bo-jos-job/ar-BBbc489?ocid=mailsignout
  • Member, Beta Tester
    He's been spouting off like that for years. That's why Katy Perry divorced him!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    First I've heard about it Ken. He is a very intelligent and well educated individual. Maybe his drug-taking history has addled his brain.
    I just Googled him. One of the threads read, "Russell Brand- YouTube". I couldn't have put it better myself. :-))
  • edited December 2014 Member, Beta Tester
    0l
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just saw a show on Rosslyn Chapel. Have you ever been, Richard?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I doubt you have ever seen Laugh-In (I'm sure Mike has!) but my response is:

• Member, Beta Tester
    On the show last night, a theory was posited that Rosslyn Chapel could have been a school for stonemasons considering the differing degree of difficulty on the various sculptures.

• Member, Beta Tester
    Here's a re-creation of that momentous act:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/scots-sex-fish