The Happy Birthday Thread

edited October 2011 in Announcements
It's you know whos (Me) Birthday today.

Best Answers

Answers

• edited October 2011 Member, Beta Tester
    Watch that the heat off all those candles doesn't set the roof alight. Joking apart........ happy 90th Mike.
    hb.JPG
    185 x 179 - 19K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    They say it's your birthday
    Sing Hallejuah!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just two candles. One is a nine and the other is a zero.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    We got you a cake.
    Capture.JPG
    132 x 146 - 13K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Happy birthday, Mike. Did you have a good time in Chicago? You are my second oldest friend. I have a friend who is 97 years old. She can't hear or see well. I hope you're not at that point yet.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Huh? What? Oh. Chicago was fun. Drizzled everyday. But I managed to get out ok. Missed a lot of stuff though.
    Thanks all for the bday wishes.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think I should explain that Mike is not really 90. That's just me being wicked. What is it? 89 maybe? :-))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Palju õnne sünnipäevaks. I don't ask how old you are getting. I don't know such high numbers. :-))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Are you sure it rained in Chicago, Mike? I only live about 40 miles away, and it didn't rain here. Did you see anyone else get rained on while you were there?
    Yea and yes Kathy. I've seen his photos.
    We frequently see rain falling less than half a mile away. It happens all the time.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I'm not sure I believe Mike either!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    As I said it was cloudy and drizzled while I was in Chicago. That Toddelin Town. My next door neighbor who is from there saw the reports and also the 50mph winds we had on Thursday night. But it is a fact that a gray rainy cloud follows me around everywhere I go. But I saw others getting rained on this time.
    This was the view from Mike's room. Study the stuff on the glass, the colour of the sky, and people down on the street having their parades rained on.
    BTW. It was snowing on the hills across some parts of Scotland today. Looks like an early winter is on the cards.
    drizzle.JPG
    371 x 459 - 43K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's Noel Cowards birthday today as well as his favorite nephew Richard. I cannot believe that I am older than him.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Neither can I Mike. You are older than Noel Coward! Well done mate. But have a lie down for goodness sake.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have outlived Noel my old school chum. He never took naps. But I shall. Right now.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    He spoke very highly of you Mike, as did your other pal James Cagney.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Happy Birthday Kathy. 65 today!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Welcome to the club.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    And I/We skipped over KenMs birthday. Must have been the beer.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I thought Ken's birthday was the 6th. of February.
    I'll need to put my Tardis in for repair if it's February already.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    How right you are, Richard! What have YOU been drinking, Mike?
  • edited January 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    Give the man a break Ken. He's getting into practice for visiting Scotland.
    BTW, The break that we'd planned commencing this sunday has been postponed. We are getting lashed with yet more gales. The instant the forecast looks a bit more promising.....we're off.
    smilie_flag_004.gif
    55 x 31 - 7K
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's not February? That blow to the head must have had some effect after all. Group Hug.
  • edited January 2012 Member, Beta Tester
    The good news.... the gales have blown themselves out.
    The bad news...... We had a couple of inches of snow during the night.
    We thought, what the hell, let's just go anyway. If we wait for a decent weather forecast we might wait long enough. It doesn't rain or snow in the pubs anyway. It's possible we may be spending more time than usual in these establishments. Setting off tomorrow morning.
    All hail for the ale!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Have a good time! Think of me here in sunny Florida!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks Ken, I will.
    I will also think about you in sunny Tampa.Someone recently told me that it's the #1 place in America. ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's number one as far as I am concerned. More people should move there.