The Happy Birthday Thread

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    The days off. Which reminds me. Is the brothel job still open?
  • edited October 2018 Member, Beta Tester
    I consulted Gordon on your behalf Mike. He said,"There is always an opening here". ;)) (Don't shoot the messenger).
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Great. Just what I need.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It can't be Noel Coward's (aka RM) birthday again. Well. Happy Birthday to you!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Cheers Mike. Actually Noel's birthday was fake news in the site I used decades ago. He was actually born two days earlier. Arthur C. Clarke is now my non-de-plume.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Richard! (Mike is better at keeping up with these things than I am. Debbie has him well-trained...)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    2018. My own Space Odyssey in continuum. :) ...... so far.
    Having bought loads of different mixtures that have failed to alleviate my mucous production, I am going to market my own. It is going to be called Folk Cough. ;) If you read the small print in the enclosed leaflets they all say the same things. They will not cure your cough nor your excess mucous problem. They just "make it easier to cough it up". I continue to cough up money for them too whilst nature takes its course.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Noel Coward. Arthur C Clark. Richard Mechen. They are all the same to me. I just post what I am told.
    I hope one of the mentioned had a good ale on their birthday. The two dead ones might not have. But who knows?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, Surely you realise that beer is not on the menu for Noel and Arthur. They are amongst the spirits. ;))
    I will partake of an ale or two tonight now that you have put the idea into my head. Alcojol kills germs,right? Thank you Dr.Butler. I have Hobgoblin and Bitter & Twisted in the fridge. Slangevar! You and Ken should have one two. You wouldn't want me drinking on my own now would you? ;)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I think I'll have a small scotch. I also have a cold.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Most people with coughs far less severe than mine are wearing"timmer-breeks". ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mucinex didn't work? It worked great for mine.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I've tried it and quite a few others Ken. It was better than all but one, Benlyn Max. I have another big bottle of that arriving tomorrow with our groceries order. $10.11. What a rip off. I don't think I was doing my lungs any favours with the fumes when printing my mugs. That's why I packed it in.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just Googled Mucinex again. It transpires that I bought their weaker mixture. Will get Liz to get their Max one. It's possible that the Mucinex gave me the improvement that I attributed to the Benylyn I followed it up with.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that you need to get the Max version.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I need the Super-Max version.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Did you mean Mex Mike, your fellow Americans? ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Super-Mex is the name of several food take out places. On Sundays they serve Menudo. It's a tripe soup. It would probably knock out this cold. But I am not going to try it.
  • edited December 2018 Member, Beta Tester
    Sounds vile. No wonder they're all on drugs. (allegedly). ;))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Or a nice haggis might work.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Happy Birthday Ken ! =D>
    Apologies that it's somewhat belated despite me making a mental note not to forget. That's something you young guys have to look forward to ........ a failing memory.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's not until Wednesday but I'll take birthday wishes wherever I can get them. THANKS!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I haven't been checking my birthday lists lately. So thanks for the reminder. Will post on the happy day.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    What day is this again?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The first day of the rest of your life!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Do you know what I want for my birthday, Richard? I want you to buy the box set of Game of Thrones so that we can discuss it before the final season airs this April!
  • edited February 4 Member, Beta Tester
    Can you explain this first Ken? Description says .......Language: Italian / English
    Subtitles: Italian / English. Not sure if I'd be buying a dubbed version. The price seems to have gone up since last I looked.
    You do realise that the running time is 55 hours don't you? April aint that far away really.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Yeah, I'd be careful of buying that. Do you have the option of getting HBO there? I'm sure they will be replaying all seasons prior to April. As for the length, my niece let me borrow her season 1 DVD and my Mom didn't want to watch it for the same reason. After the first episode, she was hooked and we finished the whole series pretty quickly.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It's Wednesday here now so ............................................................. Happy Birthday Ken. (count the punctuation marks). :)
    I looked at some other GoT box sets and noticed that the cheaper ones were Cert.15 and the dearer ones Cert.18. Certain you'd not want me to watch censored ones. ;) You have got your birthday wish. £60 they set me back. Happy Birthday Ken. My own birthday wish would be the return of my senses of taste and smell. They abandoned me completely again almost two weeks ago. :(
  • Member, Beta Tester
    In four hours it will be midnight here. So. Happy Birthday Ken. Just in case I sleep all day tomorrow.