Miscellaneous

Answers

• Member, Beta Tester
    Lets see if I can find the answer myself. Nope. I can't. Tried hitting some other keys. Nothing deleted.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    It is frustrating when you are toward the end of a long message and then have it suddenly vanish.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, i sometimes by accident marking a text or a word (wrong keys (ctrl.+a instead of ctrl.+s) or making a double click with the mouse instead of a single click (while moving the mouse more than a word is being marked) and when i then just hit the "empty"-key, the text or the word is vanished.

With my Magic Mouse on my Mac it sometimes needs a wish in the wrong direction and instead of scrolling up and down it is going back to the page before. Sometimes the text is vanished, sometimes it is still there, that depends on your settings and on the internet-page.
    I don't know, if there is something simelar (?) with the scrolling wheel of a PC-mouse, but ...
  • Member, Beta Tester
    My problem is while I am typing the message. I am not trying anything with any other keys. Just the regular QWERTY alphabet. But somehow I hit an extra key. llk. Hitting two keys at once doesn't seem to do it. Who knows. I will keep asking.
  • Member, Moderator, Beta Tester
    >Sometimes when typing a message in the Forum I accidentally hit a wrong key. And the message disappears. What key might it be?

Alas, I have no good idea. The most likely thing, as suggested by Markus, is that you somehow typed Ctrl-A, which is the 'Select All' command, in which case the next key you type will replace everything that was selected (i.e., the whole message). However, that seems an unlikely combination to accidentally press.

The next time this happens, try pressing Ctrl-Z (Undo) once, or a few times, to see if that brings the message back.

Gregg :(|)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks for the reply Gregg. I will try Ctrl-Z next time I do it. Which I hope is never.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Mike, did you ever made a hole in one? (Just like Andreone (8 times in his live, last with 103 last wednesday!!!))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I have 3. It's been over thirty years since the last one. Any day now for number four.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, I know I ask you this every year but you know I have CRS (can't remember sh!t). Does Scotland have Daylight Savings Time?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The UK has it Ken. One hour. Spring forward and fall back.
    Incidentally I'd to Google CRS. (Probably not for the first time either). Looks like I have the affliction too. =))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Let's why I spelled it out for you, Richard!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken and Richard: I just received an email from both of you that you answered my question. I haven't been on goodsol for a long time. So how did you see a question from me?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Please email me at kquade@comcast.net. I don't know what is going on.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard, have you checked your e-mail lately? I sent you a couple of e-mails (one is a joke not fit for public consumption)
  • edited March 2015 Member, Beta Tester
    No, not until I read your post. I've sent a reply.
    "not fit for public consumption" ? but by inference, good enough for the likes of me. I could get a complex. :))
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I thought you already had one
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Just the one?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Richard is the only person who can have an inferiority complex and a superiority complex at the same time!
    I'm a very complex person. :)
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Markus, have you ever heard of
    When the Doves Disappeared: A novel
    by Sofi Oksanen (Author), Lola Rogers (Translator)
    It's about Estonia in WWII. My mom read it and loved it!
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Paul, Richard, Markus et al, Did anyone see the solar eclipse?
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I didn't look.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Ken, no, i don't know this novel.

Mike, no i didn't watch.

All, i didn't know, that there is a new forum software till i got again emails, that someone has posted something. But it would be nice, when the email also show the post and not only that e. g. Ken has posted something at Miscellaneous.
    We had a brilliant sunny day here when the eclipse was approaching. Not a cloud to be seen. We'd been given a set of glasses to watch with. Some newspaper had been giving them away. Eclipses are pretty exciting, but to tell the truth, you get far better views of them on your TV. I have hazy memories of the eclipse in 1954, when people were smoking pieces of glass over fires in order to look at it. OMG. The one in 1961 was dramatic too. It's strange, but you don't need anything like a total one in order to be in awe of what's going on.
    Where have you been hiding Markus? Nice to see your input here again. I totally agree with your comment about seeing the entire post rather than a link.
    No entire post, no email at all, and without an email, i am rather seldom in the forum, no time and my hand is still not at 100% again.
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Celtic rangers or Partick Thistle
  • Member, Beta Tester
    The eclipse it was completely overcast and just went dark for a few minutes so it was disappointing although television was good though.
    The next good one for England is 12 August 2026 starting at 16-34
    you will need to be in Iceland or northern Spain for the total eclipse
    USA gets a great one 21 August 2017 with the total path crossing across the whole continent you need to be on the exact line though
    this is a good link to it
    http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/in_the_path.htm
  • Member, Beta Tester
    Thanks, Paul. Unfortunately, neither me or my Mom is anywhere close to the path.
    Btw, have either you or Richard heard of "Walking Football"? From today's paper: "In the UK, something interesting is happening in the world of amateur soccer. The Brits call it "Walking Football" and it has taken the country by storm. It's designed for men and women (there are "mixed sex" teams) in their 50's, 60's and even 70's who like to go out and have a friendly but competitive kick-about."
  • Member, Beta Tester
    I saw a clip of Walking Football on the TV some time ago., The players were all male with grey hair. Maybe baldies are not allowed to participate. :) Some were walking at a brisk pace. Others were just ambling. I suppose it would be a foull if you went too fast. The guys seemed to think it was great. It would be the goalie I'd feel sorry for unless shots on goal had to be below waist height.. Perhaps the goal was smaller than the norm. That would make sense. They didn't go into anything in great depth. Just drew our attention to its existance