Twister - Harder than it looks? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Twister - Harder than it looks? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Adrian
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 2:19 pm:   

I've been playing Twister for quite some time and I really like it, but I don't win it very often. It's rated as Easy 85%, but my statistics are about 40%. Is there some trick to this game that I'm missing out on or am I just really bad at it?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 737
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 5:11 pm:   

Given the statistics at <http://scores.goodsol.com/topscores/scores/pgs/twi ster.html>, it seems you should be able to do a lot better than 40%. Perhaps a couple of people who are in the 80s or 90s can post some hints, I see a couple of names of people who post on the forum occasionally.

Miriam Frankort (Miriam)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Miriam

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 6:15 am:   

The trick with Twister is to alternate the colors. I start with only putting a red card on a black one and the other way around. Only at the end of the game I sometimes put the same colors on top of each other.
This way it is possible to move complete stacks.
It takes a lot of restraint to play this way.
Give it a try and let me know if this works for you.
Eddie (Happy_eddie)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Happy_eddie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:27 pm:   

I agree with Miriam. You can redeal Twister a million times, so it's best to refrain from making same-color runs (these get locked into place) unless you have no choice, or if it's specifically to dig out an ace.

Since Twister is a kind of leisurely game, if you're playing at work <grin> or get a lot of interruptions, having "game saving" on helps the percentage. It is easy to win, but it's not easy to win quickly. Generally, I've found that getting to the aces is the most important. I'll tend to shuffle cards around on the tableau rather than take them from the stock pile if I have a choice, but I'm not sure that makes much of a difference.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration