Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Tarantula « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ruth-Merwe Thorsrud (Ruth)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 2:21 am:   

In “Tarantula” it says: “To group all the cards in sets of 13 cards in sequence down in color from King to Ace within the tableau. ….. Whenever such a group is formed in a pile, it is automatically removed from play.”
This does apparently not work. Even if I have created a group of 13 cards in one color, it will not be removed automatically from the play.
I have played this solitaire before, I think about one year ago. And as far as I remember it did work then.
Maybe there is a bug in the “Tarantula” now. It doesn’t matter that much to me. Just thought I let you know.
Yvonne White (Ladydeere)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Ladydeere

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 9:35 am:   

It works in the version 10.0.1. If the cards are in sequence by color.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 802
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 10:05 am:   

The rules in Tarantula were changed in version 10.0.2 to require that a sequence of 13 cards be all of the same suit before it will be removed from play.

This returns the game to its original rules and also makes it different than the game Spider Two Suits. If you want to play where cards are removed if the sequence is by color, play Spider Two Suits.
Ruth-Merwe Thorsrud (Ruth)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 1:25 am:   

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your information!

No, I do not, in particular, want to play games where cards are removed if the sequence is by color. I find the requirement that a sequence of 13 cards be all of the same suit before it will be removed from play, much more challenging. So, I think the changing of the rules is just perfect for me.

I just wanted to call your attention to the discrepancy in the rules.

I have noted how well you take care of your solitary games and are very impressed about the excellent maintenance job you do.

I am a passionate solitary games player and want to thank you for many, many hours of entertainment.

Ruth

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration