Free Parking Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Free Parking « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 566
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 4:02 pm:   

Gregg,

This one of my favorite "mindless games" it is always winnable as you can save and redo the second deal as often as you would like until you gain a winnable deal. I win 15-20% (my best guess), on the first deal. Would you consider a second version with only one deal. It would be much more challenging!!
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 521
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 5:01 pm:   

>This one of my favorite "mindless games" it is always winnable as you can save and redo the second deal as often as you would like until you gain a winnable deal. I win 15-20% (my best guess), on the first deal. Would you consider a second version with only one deal. It would be much more challenging!!

OK, only two Goodsol games have Free Parking (yet), and I am not certain which one you mean, so you get two answers:

- Pretty Good Solitaire has a version with one redeal, which could be what you meant by the "second deal". In that case, this suggestion should be directed toward Thomas, who decides which games go into PGS. (I think the timing is right, too, since he was recently looking for suggestions for the next PGS update.)

- Pretty Good MahJongg has a tile version with three redeals, which is significantly easier than the PGS version, not only because of the redeals, but because there are more move options (with 2 copies of each tile). In that case, there is a game called Valet Parking that has only a single redeal (and I would consider adding a variant with no redeals).

I hope that one of these answers your question. :-)
Markus Reischl (Markus)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Markus

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 11:59 pm:   

"(I think the timing is right, too, since he was recently looking for suggestions for the next PGS update.)"

I was always thinking about a Fan and Free-Fan combination. I thought in the direction of just 1 storage cell (and only Kings are allowed in an empty pile). That would make Fan more easier to win and Free Fan a little harder to win.

And how about Acquaintance with just one Redeal ?
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 567
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 8:54 am:   

I was referring to the Pretty Good Solitaire version.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 568
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 8:56 am:   

I was hoping for no redeals at all.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 522
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:46 am:   

>I was always thinking about a Fan and Free-Fan combination. I thought in the direction of just 1 storage cell (and only Kings are allowed in an empty pile). That would make Fan more easier to win and Free Fan a little harder to win.

Actually (and do not tell anybody this :-)), when I invented the game, it had two cells, but spaces were not filled. The PGS implementation ended up allowing Kings in empty spaces, which makes the game much easier. The original idea will very likely show up in PGSME as a bonus game,

As far as a one cell variant, that will be considered. However, I note that I very specifically chose two cells to allow one to reach the bottom card of any pile, rather than be blocked by a King (or two) on top.

>And how about Acquaintance with just one Redeal?

Or Auld Lang Syne with a redeal. :-) This is being considered for PGSME, too.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 523
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:52 am:   

>I was referring to the Pretty Good Solitaire version.

I figured that was more likely. I note that the other games (MPS, GS101, PGSME, and PGMJ) do not produce different deals when redealt from the same position (as PGS does).

>I was hoping for no redeals at all.

Since we have already established the name, Valet Parking, I think that would be a good addition to PGS. I will also lobby for Free Parking to find a place in the next group of games for PGSME.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 9:02 pm:   

I'd like to see some changes in Block so that one can at least use more skill and have more of a chance of winning it. It's no fun when you know your chances are almost next to nothing of winning it. Maybe one redeal? Anyone else have any suggestions about Block?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 2059
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:59 pm:   

I have. But I can't say them because you are here. It's just a difficult game like lots of others. No big deal. Ha! Deal! Get it!
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:45 am:   

Good one, Mike. BTW, there's a Sherlock Holmes with Basil Rathbone on TV today. I don't know if you get the same stations as I do, but I believe it's on one of the ME stations. That might be local though. There are a couuple of episodes of the new Sherlock series on Masterpiece Mystery coming up if you're interested. I don't like it, but I wonder what your opinion is.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration