Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Parallels « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.136.120.213
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 11:08 am:   

I just played a game of Parallels that was definitely won but I couldn't get the last four cards to move into their place in the tableau--no cards were blocking them and I can't understand why the game wouldn't finish.
Can anyone help? I can give you the game number if you like------

(Message approved by admin)
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 4:43 pm:   

I had never played parallels till I read your comment. So, I tried it, and won the first game I played. After 18 losses, I had the same experience you had. I had a run of 6-A Spades to win, and the 6 wouldn't budge. I tried right-clicking, dragging, and redoing several times, also minimizing and restoring, and these did not help. So I started over, played down evenly in the suits, and had only A or K left in any uncompleted suit.
I right-clicked them all to win. Jerri
yankeegal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 5:33 am:   

Hi--thanks for posting--that is strange, though--why shouldn't the game just go on to a normal end?

I played the same game number again after I posted and won it--but now I want to see if I get to a winning game again, if the same thing will happen.

Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 355
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 3:54 am:   

I think that there's some problem with the Undo. After a deal I noticed that there was a card that I forgot to place. I clicked Undo so the card I wanted was available but couldn't be moved. This was an Undo to the stage where the empty spaces are filled. I made 2-3 Undos and Redos, and the same card got movable.
yankeegal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 5:24 am:   

Maybe there's a glitch in the system--I'm playing it again (haven't won yet or even come close) but so far everything is moving OK--it was only when I had four cards remaining and all could be moved legitimately with no problms that they refused to move--

Dona Deroche (Djd)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Djd

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 5:50 am:   

I love to try out the hard games that are talked about at this forum. I have played 11 games of Parallels and beleive it or not I won 2 games. The first one I played in fact. I don't think it will happen to soon. It was dumb luck but it is an interesting game.
yankeegal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 5:40 am:   

I love the games where you have to set up the cards from Ace up and from Kings down, in suit--that's why I like Parallels and Reserves (which is a lot harder to win)---and I love the games that are a challenge. I could stay here all day long and play--unfortunately, that doesn't happen, but I do enjoy my time with them---do you have any favorites?

Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Intermediate Solitaire Player

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 8:17 pm:   

Here are 2 games with both K and A foundations: Bisley and Clover Leaf. They are not 2 deck games,
and they are not very hard, but require a little planning, and are a lot of fun. I have now won 4 of 41 games of Parallels.
Other games I really like are Gaps, Fifteen Puzzle,
Spider Web, Maze, and Fair Lucy - now there's a challenge!

Jerri
yankeegal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 5:55 am:   

Thanks--I think I have played them but not on a regular basis--i will go back and try them again.

I like 13 Packs (even though it's practically impossible), Ukranian Solitaire, Great Wheel, The Plot, Fair Lucy--you get the picture--

I have won Parallels four times too---

Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Intermediate Solitaire Player

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 9:00 am:   

I haven't won Ukranian Sol in 106 attempts. I love Fair Lucy, and have about 50% wins. I retry till I win or have to concede that I can't win. I like 13 Packs, too. I used to play it with cards - we called it "Bone", and I was delighted to find it in PGS. I will try The Plot and Great Wheel. Gaps is my all-time favorite.
yankeegal
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:22 am:   

I've tried to like Gaps but just can't--you know, that's interesting about the other name for 13 Packs--i was wondering if it had ever been called anything else--I never played it with regular cards, though.
Reserves is my all time favorite, I think--has that ever been called anything else?

CJ Winter (Oceancat46)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Oceancat46

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 8:24 am:   

I am so frustrated, I'm planning to quit playing Parallels!! Often when I am playing a winning game, the last card or few cards get stuck - will not move to foundation either with double-click or drag-and-drop. Sometimes I can undo back a ways and select cards in a different order, but sometimes I have to restart the entire game - and try to remember how I played the layout - very frustrating. Any suggestions?? Is there going to be a fix for this in upcoming versions??

Love PGS - Have about 40 games that I cycle through - some playing until I win, and ones that are harder to win, I'll play until I get +10 above my personal average score - needless to say, I'm addicted!! Thanks for the good times!

CJ Winter
Depoe Bay Oregon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration