Goodsol 7.2 Stats Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Goodsol 7.2 Stats « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

SteveJeffery
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.113.79.242
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   

I recently reformatted my HD, but copied the games folder first. Reinstalled Goodsol and copied the games folder back. When I win a game the details are logged OK, but Goodsol reports no wins and no losses. Stats will show in the box when playing a game, but the initial menu screen shows no games played. Could this be a problem with the log files? I have been through the reformat before and never had this problem.

Any suggestions?

(Message approved by admin)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 2:08 pm:   

Which operating system?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 976
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   

Make sure you have copied the statistics to the right place.

In version 7.2 and earlier, the data folder is the Games folder under the main program folder (for the Quest Edition, this would usually be C:\Program Files\goodsol01\Games).

In version 8.0 and higher, the data folder location depends on the version of Windows. In Windows 98/ME, it is usually the C:\Windows\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder. In Windows NT/2000 and XP, it is usually the C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application Data\Goodsol\Pretty Good Solitaire folder, where [Windows User Name] is your user name for Windows.
Steve Jeffery
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.112.7.181
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 2:57 pm:   

v7.2 will now not retain stats. I have uninstalled, deleted the games folder and removed the Goodsol entries in the registry. Reinstalled again from scratch.

A win is shown in the stats, and recorded correctly as 1 win, the next win shows in the stats but the win counter is reset to zero. I have not meddled with the log files, and have reinstalled 5 times with the same result.

Any ideas?

Post Number: 988
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   

The most common reason for statistics not being recorded is the data files being set to read only. This can happen if they have been copied from a CD-R backup (all files are set to read only when put on a CD-R).

To check this or set the files so they are not read only, open Windows Explorer, go to the data folder and select all the files. Then right click and select Properties from the pop up menu. Make sure that the "read only" box is uncheck. If it is checked, uncheck it and click on apply.

Steve Jeffery
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.113.90.162
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   

No files in the Data Dir are set to read only. Only the archive bit is set.

Anything else I can try?

Post Number: 989
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 9:49 am:   

Steve,
If you email me at support@goodsol.com with your email address, I can give you some more detailed things to try.
frankD
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 24.62.102.229
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   

migrating my stats is my biggest nightmare : )

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration