Largest percentage by one person Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Largest percentage by one person « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roger Barnes (Rogbarn)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rogbarn

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   

which game has the largest percentage of plays by a single user? I've played 12K of Blind Alleys out of a total of 17K.
Just wondering.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 11:28 am:   

I'm curious about that 17K figure, unless I mis-understand what you're referring to. I thought there were several billion different deals (i.e., game numbers) possible for each game.
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 11:30 am:   

The light just dawned -- you means size of its log file relative to all log files?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 977
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   

I think what he means is, on the high scores list at http://scores.goodsol.com , which of the games has the highest percentage played by one person out of the total games played.

For example, in FreeCell even the people who have played it the most have only a tiny percentage of the total games played since so many people have played it.

Whatever game it is would be pretty obscure, probably.

Roger Barnes (Rogbarn)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 8:49 am:   

Tom is correct. For example, I have played 12,506 games of Blind Alleys out of a total of 17,299 or about 72%. I enjoy the ebb and flow of playing Blind Alleys, some games are pretty easy, others take some thought to figure out the winning play, a few just can't be won. As Tom says, whatever game has the highest percentage by a single player, it is probably obsure.
Roger Barnes (Rogbarn)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 7:11 am:   

Well, so much for thinking that 70+% is dominating a particular game. 98.08% of the games of Colonel have been played by one person, 96.05% of Trapdoor Spider and 95.66% of Royal Parade. The last two both have over 400,000 total games played so it will be difficult to further influence those percentages.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration