I found a new way to lose Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » I found a new way to lose « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roger Barnes (Rogbarn)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Rogbarn

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 10:19 pm:   

I have played so many games that I have gotten careless with my mouse. I play with the autoplay option on and sometimes a card gets played that I want to take back. So I move the mouse up to the Undo button and click. Twice recently, I have done this motion so quickly that I mistakenly go a bit too far with the mouse, click on the Game option of the menu bar instead of the Undo button and because I am quick to move the mouse back down, I end up clicking on New Game. It happens so fast that I was left confused the first time it happened. Not much that can be done from a design standpoint, I just thought I'd mention it.
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   

Under Options, click on Preferences, then check "confirm new starts and restarts". That way you are always asked whether you are "sure you want a new game". If you restart frequently, when trying a new line of play, click on snapshot when you begin the game, and you can restart without the confirm box.
Roger Barnes (Rogbarn)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 8:34 am:   

I don't see Preferences. I'm using PGS ver 10 so I suspect it is one of the improvements in MPS. Too bad, I thought you had fixed the problem for me! Thanks for the note.
Christine Mauro (Chrismauro)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Chrismauro

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 9:35 am:   

Preferences is found after you hit Options button. I don't use that option though, I play some games fast, and I don't like OKeing every minute or less.

I do have the same issue as you have on that Undo button, Roger, and I would add also Automove button (in games where it's relevant) next to New is a killer too.
So we could ask that maybe in a future version of PGS, those 2 buttons could be put in a less 'dangerous':-); spot ???
Take care
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 999
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:36 am:   

Yes, you can go back to the beginning of the game using Snapshot and it won't give you the confirm message because an undo to snapshot is not officially a restart.

Preferences is one of the sections when you click on the Options button on the main screen in PGS.

Roger Barnes (Rogbarn)
Junior Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 6:35 pm:   

Wow. I finally found it. I'm so used to going straight to the game screen that I didn't realize that the main screen would have different options. Plus I had to choose "options" twice. But in the end, I found it! Thanks!!
george havses
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 71.48.151.127
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 9:35 pm:   

Is there a place where the scoring of the games is laid out in detail? I'm playing Yukon Puzzle and can't for the life of me figure how it's scored.

(Message approved by admin)
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 9:01 am:   

George,
In most games the scoring is the number of cards moved to the foundations, or out of play, or the number of cards in sequence.

In Yukon Puzzle, the score is the number of cards in the foundations plus the number of cards in piles of the same rank on the right side.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration