PGS on a computer with more than one ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » PGS on a computer with more than one user « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Paula Burton (Paulab)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Paulab

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 11:00 am:   

I have a copy of pretty good solitare on my computrer, which is set up with 3 users why will it not work on the second and third user? It keeps saying that you have to buy a copy of it when I already have.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:43 am:   

You need to enter your registration code under each Windows user login - information is stored on a per user basis.
The Great Tuxini (Tuxini)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Tuxini

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 6:30 am:   

Are the statistics for each user stored in separate folders or are all statistics stored under c:\program files\...games
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 127
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 11:05 am:   

For log-in purposes, I'm the only user on my computer, so this might not help you. My wife is an additional player (not user), and her records go into the same \...\games folder as mine, distinguished by file name.

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   

Everything (statistics, registration code, etc) is stored on a per-Windows user basis. If you use more than one Windows login, you need to install the game under each login. Each login will have different statistics and the data files are stored in a different place.

Within one Windows login, you can have multiple players set up. Each player will have different statistics, but all of the data files will be stored in the same folder for that Windows login.

The Great Tuxini (Tuxini)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Tuxini

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   

will the profiles for each user need to have administrative rights, or may they be limited users?

Also where are the data files stored by default for each profile and is there an ability to choose a personal folder to store the data?

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 9:41 am:   

Yes, they can be limited users (although you need to install using admin access).

The data is stored in the Application Data area for each user. This can only be changed in Windows itself, not in the game.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration