Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Maze « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Ron_da_voo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 5:18 pm:   

I play the maze game and it will not give me a win unless I leave the game and then start the maze game again. After it replays to where I was when I did the exit, it will then post the win. Is there a fix to this problem? I am running WIN98SE an AMD-1200 Athalon with 512MB RAM and 30Gig Hard drive with 25Gig free.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 1:55 am:   

I have the same problem, it does not want to give you a win, and an option for a new game!
paxinc (Paxinc)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Paxinc

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 11:36 am:   

It's not just the *maze* game on my installation (I have the March 7th update). My installation has me to close, then re-open, close with the green *exit* icon before it will record any win, in the accumulated statistics. It's no real trouble, now that I know what to do, but I'd thought that I was losing some hard-wrested victories!
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 2:09 pm:   

There was a bug in Maze involving winning, but I believe that this bug was fixed for version 9.0.0. What version are you running?
Frank D'Urso (Frank_durso)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Frank_durso

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 11:09 am:   

I have had a problem with all the cards lined up but no win, so i just gave up....I'm now at 7.4 %
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 4:31 pm:   

I am running ver 8.1.1

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 - 5:59 pm:   

>I am running ver 8.1.1

If you download version 9.0.0, that should take care of the problem.
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 12:15 pm:   

I have downloaded & installed Ver 9 March 2003 It did NOT fix the problem.
Can I now uninstall Ver 9 as it is asking me to pay for it in 30 days? I would pay for it cheerfully if it fixed the problem. I would also buy the CD as I did last time because I do reinstall WIN98SE about 2-3 times a year on my computer and like having the CD, it makes it easier to get back up & running.
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 12:21 pm:   

P.S. I never mentioned this but it may be of intrest in trouble shooting the problem. If after the cards are arranged in a winning configuration and it didn't post a win, if I click on CLUE from the drop down menu, it will place an ACE next to one of the two's. Aces are not used in this game.
Additionally, in ver 9 March 2003, if you have a winning configuration, leave the game & reenter it does post a win like to PGS 8.1.1 version.
If there is any additional info I can supply, feel free to ask.
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 1:18 pm:   

See attached monochrome bitmap
image/bmp
Maze9_0_0.bmp (98.4 k)
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 11:56 am:   

Additional note: I usually use Right Click to move cards. This last game, I picked up the card with the lef button and placed it and it registered a win with out restarting the game. Also, the scoring doesn't track during the game unless you restart the game and let it autoplay your moves.
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 6:31 pm:   

Well I have more info. In every game I have played to a win, there will always be a blank space either before a duce or after the king. Moving the card by Right Clicking will never produce a win. Moving the duce or king to one of the open spots manually will always provide the win. I also see the score change to 48 after manually moving a card which is a win. I don't know much about Visual Basic but hopefully I have provided enough info for you to resolve the problem. It may just be a problem with the scoring as the game is played.

Post Number: 252
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 3:17 pm:   

Thanks for the additional information. I have been unable to duplicate the problem, so I was suspecting that there must be some kind of special circumstances where the problem happens rather than a general problem. I'll see if I can duplicate it now. It would be really helpful if you could email me a saved game from just before the problem occurs, this would save a lot of time trying to set up the situation.
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 5:04 pm:   

See attached
text/plain
Maze_2001952512.pgs (4.1 k)

Tom - load this game. Then RIGHT CLICK on the King to put it in to the final winning position.
Notice you did not win. Now move the king using the left mouse button. As soon as you release the King you get the win.
Ron Daaaa (Ron_da_voo)
New Solitaire Player

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 11:34 am:   

Tom, Did I miss something you have asked for? Haven't heard from you in almost 2 weeks and my 30 days free upgrade is running out. I have to uninstall the upgrade soon.

Post Number: 261
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 2:10 pm:   

I'm working on fixing this problem (plus other issues) for the next bug fix version 9.0.1 that will be out sometime later this spring.
Margaret Leggett (Emmelle)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Emmelle

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 8:52 am:   

Hi
I have just seen these letters. I have won over 50 games and it never automatically registers a win unless I drag any card in its right position with a space next to it towards the next card in the sequence and then the win registers.

Margaret

Post Number: 297
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 12:42 pm:   

I have found and fixed this bug now, plus a related bug involving undo in Maze.

The reason I had trouble finding the problem was that it only occurs if you right-click for the last move of the game. If you move the card, it recognizes the win normally.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration