Empress of Italy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Empress of Italy « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mary Tindle (Yoda)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 1:13 am:   

When the new version of PGS came out, the 19 reserve pile cards now play onto the foundations as well as the tableau, it does not make the game any easier, but perhaps you could fix this, so the 19 cards only play onto the foundations, as they originally did when Empress first came out.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 274
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 11:37 am:   

In Empress of Italy in the latest version, I'm able to only play reserve cards to the foundations, not the tableau. It doesn't allow me to play them to the tableau, which is as it should be according to the rules. Is it letting you play to the tableau?
Linda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 3:48 pm:   

Yes, Tom it *does* let you play them on the tableau.I noticed this on my mother's computer ( she just got the new version). It helped me win one *at last*!
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 12:04 am:   

Yes, it will let me play to either foundations or tableau, BUT, being the nice person that I am, I do not allow myself to play the 19 reserve to the tableau, just to the foundations, I feel that I have cheated myself if I play to the tableau!!
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 2:05 pm:   

Empress of Italy does the same for me too, permits playing reserve cards to the tableau (but NOT to empty spaces) as well as to the foundations. I think this was also true in the previous version, at least for me.

Actually there are a heckuva lot of games where actual gameplay and the displayed rules don't exactly agree. There are a great many where you can play from the foundation back to the tableau if necessary (almost any Klondike version, for instance) even though they should be "dead" once in the foundations.

And almost any game where you're building two sets of foundations, one set up and the other down, will permit you to move cards from one set to the other even though only a few games "officially" permit this.

Best to all,
Mike
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 278
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 3:06 pm:   

The next version won't allow moves from the reserves to the tableau.

>There are a great many where you can play from the foundation back to the tableau if necessary

Yes, this is allowed except in a few games where it is prohibited. Most games will allow it, though.

>And almost any game where you're building two sets of foundations, one set up and the other down

Actually, many of these types of games allow this. Only in a few is it specifically forbidden, and in some (such as Aces and Kings, for example) it's a vital part of the play of the game.
rachel cohen (Rachel)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 3:34 pm:   

I can also play the reserve cards on the tableau, not on empty spaces. It's strange that we all have the same feature, different than Tom's.
But I think that the game is difficult enough as it is, better change the rules to fit the game.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration