Balcony Game Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Balcony Game « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Solitaire Player
Username: Yoda

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 11:01 am:   

Once the stock pile is empty, and spaces are on the tableau, the 'locked' reserve pile will play to the tableau as well as the foundations, which makes winning the game very very easy!
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 351
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 4:01 pm:   

The rules don't actually define what happens with spaces in the tableau once the stock and waste are empty. The game is allowing you to put any card in them in that case, and that may be reasonable.

I'm not able to move a card from the reserve pile onto the tableau even when the stock is empty, are you sure that is happening? That would clearly be against the rules, but I can't get it to happen.
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 2:34 am:   

Yep!, the cards can be moved onto an empty space in the tableau, the card will go to the space, and if it can be moved to another pile, give a click, and it will go. Here are a few game numbers: 975993985, 1815207296, 1508518784, 277335073. I am 8 wins, 6 losses.
Maybe someone else can play a few games and see if it happens.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 3:31 am:   

The first Balcony I played, to check this, did the same thing, so the game was over in a moment. Game 1555487104, I didn't eve try Mary's. I don't know if all games get to the stage when there are empty spaces, because as long as the tableau is full, the cards cannot be moved from the reserve.

Tom says " the rules don't define..." but the taskbar help does say "not from the reserve".

(Here it's 11.30 am)
Mary Tindle (Yoda)
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 1:16 pm:   

Not all games can get to empty spaces, but, I am glad that I am not the only one that has this little problem. Sometimes I think it is just 'me and my computer'!!!
Thank you Rachel, I am usually on the computer at 3 am US eastern time, I work late!!!
Frank D'Urso (Frank_durso)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Frank_durso

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 4:38 pm:   

Thanks for the tip mary. I played and won my first game, but really did not come into that situation.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration