Autoplay Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Autoplay « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

John Golding
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 8:54 am:   

I find it difficult to turn Autoplay off. The Help Menu says that you can turn Autoplay off for each game individually through the Options menu for that game. But when I have the game on the screen and go to the Options menu the option to turn off Autoplay is not there!

Advice please.
mark william todd (Mwtodd)
Solitaire Player
Username: Mwtodd

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 10:14 am:   

autoplay; just left click autoplay in options; if autoplay has a tick next to it, its on if not its off;
John Golding
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:20 am:   

Thanks, but, as I say, Autoplay is not shown in the Options for all games. For example, it does not appear in the Options for Monte Carlo (see snapshot attached) nor for Pyramid Golf. Both these are no challenge with Autoplay on.
image/bmpSnapshot of options in Monte Carlo
Picture1.bmp (912.6 k)
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 473
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:29 am:   

AutoPlay is the automatic moving of cards to the foundations, when possible. Games that do not have foundation piles therefore do not have an AutoPlay option - there is no autoplay at all in these games.

Monte Carlo and Pyramid Golf have no foundations and therefore no autoplay. I'm not sure what you mean by the games not being a challenge with autoplay on, since there is no autoplay at all in these games.
John Golding
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 7:19 pm:   

My problem is that Autoplay DOES run every time I select Monte Carlo or Pyramid Golf. That is why I am looking for a way to stop it. The screenshot I provided shows Monte Carlo having Autoplaid to the point shown, i.e. all possible moves. That is certainly no challenge!

With Pyramid Golf I find that if I run a game backwards (using Undo) to its beginning and then start a new game, the new game (and any others I play in that session) do NOT Autoplay. The trouble is that this works only for the one session. Next session the Autoplay problem is there again.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 477
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:53 pm:   

That's not autoplay. That is the automatic game saving feature. When you quit a game in progress, the program will automatically save your position. When you play that particular game again, the program will replay all your moves up to the point where you left off. You can either continue playing or click on the new game button for a new game. The automatic game saving feature can be turned off in the Options menu.
John Golding
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:10 am:   

Many thanks. Turning off game saving seems to have cured the problem.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration