PGS 9.2: Wierd behaviour Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » PGS 9.2: Wierd behaviour « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 6:29 am:   

I installed PGS 9.2 on top of 9.0.0 this morning. When I started PGS after that I was quite surprised to see that I had played and won Chelicera 345 times! I had never even heard of a game by this name before! My wizard created game which should have been there with just these stats was quite gone. Thinking that perhaps there was just a problem with showing the name I started Chelicera but it really was Chelicera. I found my wizard created game in its own category, looked at the stats and was happy to find they were right. The game was now shown in the "Most played"-category, too. Happy with that, I shut down the computer.

Later I decided on a quick lunchtime game - and found that my wizard created game was nowhere to been seen again! I found it soon but when I started it, my user defined background was gone, too. I selected a light blue, played the game and got stuck. For whatever reason I shut down the game and had to restart it. This time I was quite surprised that my user defined background was back!

I played and won, the game was shown again in all the categories where it belongs and strangely enough I haven't had any problems with it since.

This weird behaviour seems to affect only wizard created games, everthing else was ok. Since everything is back to normal now, I'm just telling you the whole episode in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Brita
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 542
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 9:47 pm:   

I've not heard of that happening before, it sounds like it was having some trouble reading from the data files so it lost some settings, but it sounds like it is now able to read them again.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration