Klondike Question Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Klondike Question « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

James Combs
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 7:03 pm:   

I'm a newcomer to Goodsol. I have one question: Is it 'OK' to remove a card from the foundation? The 'Rules' states: "once cards are moved to foundations, usually they cannot be moved again."

The 'usually' leaves me confused. The 'game' doesn't prevent my doing so - neither does autoplay.

Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   

You'll find that's true of a great many of the games in PGS, you can retrieve a (top) card from a foundation if it would be useful in a tableau even if the rules say otherwise.

And this is just one of several areas, unfortunately, where there are quite often differences between the displayed rules and what the program permits. In most of these cases the programming is more generous than the rules, although there are rare cases (usually a glitch) where it's the other way around.

Rely on your own conscience, if it bothers you.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 577
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 1:43 pm:   

If the game allows you to move the card back from the foundations, then it is allowable in that game.

In the beginning, I didn't allow this often, but most of the more recently added games allow you to do this. In some games it isn't allowed for specific reasons (usually because it makes it too easy).
Ray Chute
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 3:00 pm:   

I'm new to Goodsol also. I'm trying to find a new game to replace Solitaire Royale, a DOS based game. It allows peaking into a pile, which is great when faced with two or more card choices to move. I primarily play Klondike, so this feature is important. Does Goodsol allow peaking into pile as well as backup and start over?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 1:03 pm:   

>Does Goodsol allow peaking into pile as well as backup and start over?

I do not think that Pretty Good Solitaire has a feature for peeking into piles, but it does have undo and restart capabilities. Personally, when faced with a choice in Klondike, I often try one move to see which card is revealed, and then undo the move and try the other, eventually choosing the better/best move.

If you like to see all of the cards in the pile, you may want to try Whitehead (in PGS), which is Klondike with all of the cards in the tableau face up. No peeking necessary. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration