Undo to Snapshot Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good Solitaire Questions » Undo to Snapshot « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 131
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 10:42 am:   

I do Undo to Snapshot several times in a game, and suddenly unexpectedly it returns me to the beginninng of the game. I can do each single step forward, but this is usually close to the end of the game and too many moves. I could never recall what I had done before, it's happened in older versions too, not often. Now I think that I pressed Undo to Snap, made several single moves back, and again Undo to Snap (with the intention of cancelling these single back moves). I'm not quite sure if I did any normal movements.

It just happened in Big Spider, I think in the past it was also in several Spiders, maybe because there I do a lot of Undo to Snapshot. It's so rare that it's hard to repeat on purpose, and it leaves no traces, but it's very annoying.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 132
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 12:35 pm:   

I checked this to repeat the problem. It happens when I have a Snapshot, I Undo to Snap, make single Undos - one or more, with no normal movements, and Back to Snap again.

So now I know how to avoid this. Is this a bug, or did I just do something undoable?
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 692
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 6:25 pm:   

I took a look at the Undo to snapshot and it appears that there is a problem where the Undo to Snapshot is shown as available when it shouldn't be (it should not be available right after you use it, for example, until you do a snapshot again). I have fixed this for the next version.
Margaret Leggett (Emmelle)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Emmelle

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 1:27 pm:   

I downloaded version 10.01 yesterday and now I am having problems with undo to snapshot. I take a snapshot then do a few moves and then go back to try a different way. If I try to go back to snapshot it isn't available a second time. I have only tried this with Spider. Does this mean you have to take a snapshot everytime you go back. If this is so how do I go back to version 10?
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 179
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 12:49 pm:   

An unexpected Undo: I just downloaded 10.02 after an XP re-installation. Played Trapdoor Spider, close to the end of the game I pressed Resize to Window (I thought it may reveal the card stuck under the bottom of the screen). It restarted the game without any warning. Is this a bug or did I miss a definition? I have the Confirm New Games marked.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 777
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 9:29 am:   

There may be a bug where this happens sometimes, I haven't yet been able to figure out what is happening there.
Rachel Cohen (Rachel)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 10:21 am:   

I tried to get this to happen again, and didn't succeed. I tried it in Trapdoor, even the same game from yersterday, with and without too long columns, some that can be moved and some that can't, different card sizes - nothing at all happened. No reset of the game - but also nothing else, so what is this resize supposed to do?
Adam R. Wood (Zotmeister)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Zotmeister

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 2:11 am:   

Ah! Markus keyed me in to search for this topic. I believe Rachel's second issue with Resize to Window is the same issue I encountered with resizing the cards manually; it manifests the first time you load a solitaire, and only the first time you load it. The workaround is to exit and re-enter each solitaire immediately after loading it the first time.

My write-up is here.

- ZM

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration