Suggestion - Autoplay mode Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Suggestion - Autoplay mode « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Marcel von Gunten (Marcel)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Marcel

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 7:25 am:   

PGM is missing something like an autoplay (call it autofinish) option that becomes available once all the tiles are uncovered. It would do the trivial cleanup of the current game and allow me to quickly move on to the next one.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 1:26 pm:   

[duplicated response from another thread]

>PGM is missing something like an autoplay (call it autofinish) option that becomes available once all the tiles are uncovered.

That feature already exists, "hidden in plain sight", as they say. :-)

This is 'AutoMove', which is the button on the toolbar just right of the two snapshot buttons. It can also be invoked with the 'Action|AutoMove' menu option, or simply by pressing [Ctrl][M].

I am sure that some features are missing from PGMJ, but this is not one of them. :-)
Marcel von Gunten (Marcel)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Marcel

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 2:45 pm:   

Sorry about the double post. I didn't know what I was doing...
The automove option/button does not exist in the "tile matching" group, only in "solitaire", that's why I didn't see it. Why is that?
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   

>The automove option/button does not exist in the "tile matching" group, only in "solitaire", that's why I didn't see it. Why is that?

Moving tiles to foundations in Solitaire naturally lends itself to AutoPlay/AutoMove, while tile matching does not.

I have added your suggestion of adding a similar option to the list of features to be considered for the next version. However, I think that it is unlikely to be implemented, as it unbalances the game, especially in climb mode.

Hint: Once you reach the point where victory is assured, liberal use of the hint features of PGMJ can remove the final tiles quite rapidly.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration