Long Klondike #1236648434 winnable? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Long Klondike #1236648434 winnable? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brita von Bartenwerffer (Brita)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Brita

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 6:41 am:   

I'm slowly beginning to think I'm losing touch - so before I go crazy with trying:

Has anyone managed to win this particular game yet?

Brita
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 214
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 9:55 am:   

>Has anyone managed to win this particular game yet?

I usually just play the games in climb mode, so most of my victories are in the single digits. :-) Nevertheless, I went and tried this game number and it is definitely winnable.

As a hint, my strategy is usually to work on the deeper (right side) piles first, and this works especially well for this particular game. Beyond the Dragons visible at the start, only 4 are buried in the tableau (5 in the stock) and are reasonably easy to dig out.

Another hint is to exhaust all moves within the tableau before going to the stock (other than, perhaps, to fish out the Dragons), and only play tiles from the stock if they lead (directly or indirectly) to the ability to make a move in the tableau. Since there are unlimited deals, one tile at a time, one can always go back to get a needed tile.

I have the game saved just prior to victory, so I can give you more specific hints (or the whole saved game :-)) if you still have trouble.

I wish you Good Luck and Good Fun!
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 319
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   

hi looking at the shortist time to win long klondike at being under eleven seconds in the top scores
i think not
it is not even possible to clear the moves without dealing from the pack in under eleven seconds
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:30 am:   

>hi looking at the shortist time to win long klondike at being under eleven seconds in the top scores

That seems pretty amazing, doesn't it? :-)

>it is not even possible to clear the moves without dealing from the pack in under eleven seconds

You are correct that is is not possible to actually play the game in under 11 seconds. However, there is an "exploit" of the game that, under the correct circumstances, allows one to win certain games with almost no time ticking off the clock.

Note that the deal number on which this occurred is published: Long Klondike #1079686290.

Making use of the exploit, I was able to "win" this particular deal in 1.1 seconds. However, I am not going to report this score, nor describe the exploit here, as I believe that is not an accurate representation of player skill and detracts from the fun and challenge of the game. (It is not exactly cheating, though.)

I suspect that the deals on which this exploit works are fairly limited, so I would advise not worrying too much about it. Besides, you only need two more victories to enter the Top 10 on the more important statistics chart. :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration