Is Klondike Deal Three #674 winnable ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Is Klondike Deal Three #674 winnable ? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Gandalf
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.16.78.27
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:06 am:   

Hi,

I've started this games several times and my eyes are very tiiiiiiiired.
Can you tell me if this game is winnable ?

(Message approved by admin)
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 246
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 11:22 am:   

>Can you tell me if this game is winnable ?

Yes, Klondike Deal Three #674 is winnable. :-)

It took me several attempts before I finally won it. My solution is far too long to actually write here, but I can give you a few hints as to how I won it.

First, there is a Red Dragon buried deep in the rightmost column, so freeing that has to be a priority. Also, there are Dragons in both the 3rd and 4th positions in the stock, so after getting the first (3rd), resist the temptation to play the tile underneath. This will cause the other Dragon (now in the 3rd position) to be available on the next trip through the stock.

Ultimately, I ended up building the Crak/Character foundations way beyond the other two groups in order to free all of the tableau columns. (I think that I actually played one of the Nines before the other foundation groups were beyond Ones or Twos.)

I hope that helps.
Gandalf
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.11.72.85
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 10:19 am:   

Thanks. I've solved it by chance :-) It is one of the toughest solitaire I've done.

(Message approved by admin)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration