Submitting scores Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Submitting scores « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Pondpaul

Post Number: 440
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 11:51 am:   

Hi
I have being meaning to mention this for a long while .
when i click high scores it gives you your scores and then the submit high scores comes up I click it and always get an error submitting high scores message.
does this happen to anyone else?

Paul
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2569
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 4:43 am:   

Other players are having this problem with the new 101 collection. It's scoring system is the same as PGM. I'm sure Gregg will be looking into it.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 353
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   

>I have being meaning to mention this for a long while .

How long (seriously)?

>when i click high scores it gives you your scores and then the submit high scores comes up I click it and always get an error submitting high scores message.
>does this happen to anyone else?

Apparently something is happening at the server end that is causing a problem. Fortunately (and unfortunately :-)), I can replicate the problem here, so I will try to figure out what is happening.

In the meantime, you should (if your symptoms are the same as mine) be able to submit scores for games individually, from either the 'Statistics' or 'Victory' dialogs.

Thank you for reporting this.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 441
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   

Hi
is it possible to delete layouts you have made yourself with the layout editor. i thought I would build a 2008 and a 2009 then a 2004 but got into a tangle as i now have 2 2005s and a 2004 calling itself 2005
regards Paul
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 357
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   

>is it possible to delete layouts you have made yourself with the layout editor.

Certainly. Custom layouts are simply saved with the '.layout' extension in the PGMJ folder (by default), so you can just delete the file.

From the Layout Editor, the easiest approach is to select 'Game|Load...' (or press [F5]), right-click on the unwanted layout file, and select 'Delete'. Then click on 'Cancel' to close the 'Open' dialog box.

>i thought I would build a 2008 and a 2009 then a 2004 but got into a tangle as i now have 2 2005s and a 2004 calling itself 2005

If the problem is not actually a bad layout, but name confusion (from duplicate names), then for each layout, load the layout file, select 'Options|Editor...', change the 'Layout Name', and then save the layout file again (via 'Game|Save As...' or [F6]).

It is important to have unique names for each layout, lest PGMJ get confused. :-)

I hope this helps.
paul forsdick (Pondpaul)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 442
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   

Hi Gregg

i did try to right click as i thought I could delete it and also tried the delete key but i get an error and programme closes

attached is the screen print that shows
application/octet-streamscreen print of error
Doc1.doc (88.6 k)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 361
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 12:16 am:   

>i did try to right click as i thought I could delete it and also tried the delete key but i get an error and programme closes

Well, you win the award for weirdest bug discovered yet. :-) This error is occurring in a standard Windows dialog box, when no PGMJ code is running at all, and no floating point is in use, either.

Nevertheless, please send the 'pgmj.error' file (from your documents folder) to me at beta@sophsoft.com and I will see if I can figure something out.

Thanks.

[p.s. In the meantime, you can browse to the PGMJ folder and delete the '2009.layout' file directly.]

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration