Is it winnable? Flying Eye Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Pretty Good MahJongg Questions » Is it winnable? Flying Eye « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jean Phillips (Injanae)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Injanae

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 3:29 pm:   

Has anyone won this game? I've played over 200 games in the Climb Mode and have yet to get a win.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 5001
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 6:31 pm:   

http://scores.goodmj.com/topscores/scores/pgmj/fly ingeye_climb_best.html

Follow the link and you'll see that the very first game is winnable Jean. There are frequently alternative moves that you can make which means that there is no guarantee that everyone will win it.
Create another player name and replay game #1 until you win it,
If you right click on a tile it will highlight if a move is possible. Right click it again to see if there is another move with the same number of tile.
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 468
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 11:30 pm:   

>Has anyone won this game? I've played over 200 games in the Climb Mode and have yet to get a win.

Yes, as Richard has already answered, Flying Eye #1 is winnable. (I won it during product testing.)

More generally, all tile matching layouts are winnable in Climb Mode, by design. (Note that this does not apply to solitaire or puzzle games.)

Guaranteed winnable does not necessarily mean easy, however. :-) (My average times for a couple of layouts, Comma and Formosa, are over 30 minutes!)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration