Old game versions disappeared Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Find a Solitaire Game » Old game versions disappeared « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Old solitaire tilesGregg Seelhoff 2-16-05  11:59 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

rachel cohen (Rachel)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 4:08 pm:   

In the long history of upgrades, I lost some games.
Cicely and Heads and Tails got too difficult, maybe because you disabled a bug that made the game reasonably easy to play.
Black Widow got too easy because in the past the finished groups were by suit and now they're any card.
Are there games, maybe with different names, that are the old versions? These three games don't have a wizard option.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 216
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 4:53 pm:   

Cicely was changed because there was a rules bug. I don't remember any changes to the rules in Heads and Tails, but there may have been a bug there at one time.

Black Widow was changed to match Spider One Suit (although now that Spider One Suit exists, that change isn't really necessary). You can easily create a Black Widow game that requires the groups to be down by suit at the end by using the Wizard (Wizard button on the main screen). Just use the standard Spider rules but make the group moving regardless of suit.

Susan Butler (Suzyq)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Suzyq

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 4:24 pm:   

Rachel, Trapdoor Spider is a game quite similar to Black Widow, only with Trapdoor Spider you have to have 13 cards grouped by suit. I like Trapdoor Spider quite a lot, it is a little more difficult than Black Widow.
rachel cohen (Rachel)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rachel

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 12:47 pm:   

Trapdoor Spider is one of my great favorites. I've played it very often, and never lost. I would have sent it to the Top Scores, only I lost my statistics more than once when getting the new versions, the last 1-2 weeks ago when the computer crashed. Because the help file says 77% winnable and I think that this if far from true.

Post Number: 228
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 5:14 pm:   

>Because the help file says 77% winnable and I think that this if far from true.

This number came from the average user score at <http://www.goodsol.com/stats/games/trapdoor_spider .html>. It's improved a little bit since, too.
Linda Scott
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 12:23 am:   

my old game solitaire disappeared
Mike Bailin (Mikeb)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 12:31 pm:   

Hi Linda,
Could you describe it a little? For many if not most of us, "solitaire" simply meant Klondike (or a close cousin) before we learned about other games.
Mike

Post Number: 289
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 3:24 pm:   

Linda,
Regardless of what game you had, you can download Pretty Good Solitaire from <http://www.goodsol.com> and it probably has the game you had in it.
jo-anne seconish
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 8:24 pm:   

looking for old solitaire. deal 1st card up then
6 cards down then 2nd pile up then 5 down and so on till you have 7 piles and then you start turning over 3 cards at a time out of left over deck.could this be called vegas solitaire?
thanks jo-anne
Gregg Seelhoff (Seelhoff)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Seelhoff

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 12:09 am:   

>looking for old solitaire. deal 1st card up then 6 cards down then 2nd pile up then 5 down and so on till you have 7 piles and then you start turning over 3 cards at a time out of left over deck.could this be called vegas solitaire?

The game you want is Klondike. In Pretty Good Solitaire, there is a rule setting for whether you deal 1 or 3 cards at a time from the stock. There are also many Klondike variants (61 by my count), so selecting the 'Klondike Type' button will give you plenty to try.
c.j. banks
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 10:25 am:   

Trying to find the name of a game. It is very much like Demon or Demon-Thief. The left side has five stacks of card and the right side has either seven or nine stacks. Thanks

Post Number: 776
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 9:30 am:   

The only game I can think of like that is Demons and Thieves.
Jason Brown
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 8:22 pm:   

I've looked through most of the games, and I can't find this one my mom plays:

Layout is like this:

deal 1 card to first row, 3 to 2nd, 5 to 3rd, 7 to 4th, and 9 to 5th, all face up. Then 3 rows with 3 face down and 6 face up. Play is like Scorpion, the goal is to get K->A in suit in tableau, and you can move any group of cards, and only Kings can fill a space.

Is this a known game?
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:54 pm:   

There is a game that is like 13 Packs but you are allowed to rotate the cards in the open pack. It makes for a much more strategic and interesting game. I wish I could remember the name of it. Any ideas? I don't think there is a way to use the wizard to create this game.
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Solitaire Player
Username: Annika

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 2:28 pm:   

I used to play this game with actual cards. We called it "Bone" One counted while dealing the cards face-up on the 13 piles, and any card which matched the pile number was put aside in the "Bone Pile". Also, a card was put in the Bone Pile after certain piles (I can't remember which, maybe 3 and 6, and for sure after the last pile.) If a card matched one of these piles, 2 cards went to the Bone Pile. After the tableau was laid out, it was played the same as Thirteen Packs. However, I don't remember whether we rearranged the cards in the piles, as we picked them up for play. I wanted to Wizard "Bone" into my original PGS, but as Anon. said, it can't be done. Jerri
Ted Breisch
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 69.204.215.230
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 8:38 pm:   

Old "Cruel"
>
> description: It is a solitare game which, when opened shows the 4 aces at the top (Clubs always seem to be on left), and the objective is to try to build each suit until finally all cards are
in rising order in their correct piles.
I believe it was originally a DOS gme, but had been running well in W98SE. Thanks for any info...Ted tedbreisch@gmail.com

(Message approved by admin)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration