Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Little Picture GalleryRichard Mechen 7-15-10  5:22 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Kathyquade

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:54 am:   

Is Lucky Fan #3 winnable? Don't give me the solution if it is. I just would like to know if it is winnable.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 5440
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 11:49 am:   

I'm pretty sure that Mrkus said that the first 5000 Lucky Fans are winnable.
BTW...... A suggestion for your new PGS project could be "Little Picture Gallery". The stats are VERY vulnerable. You could be #1 quite easily. Please let me know if you fancy giving it a go. Playing from #1 upwards only #7 is unwinnable so far. I won't be posting my stats so you are in with an excellent chance.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 12:41 pm:   

I'll give that a try. Also, Markus meant Free Fan is always winnable. I don't think Lucky Fan is. I'm pretty sure that #3 is a loser. I'll let you know how I fare with "Little Picture Gallery" unless the cards are small, then I'll have to pass. My one good eye can't see those little things.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 1:17 pm:   

Well, I won #1 in "Little Picture Gallery", but I'll have to wait until later to play the next. I still can't get rid of this headache, and it's hard to concentrate. It looks like I might like it though. BTW, I'm starting anew on most of the games, just not Buffalo Bill and Rainbow Fan. I've played so many of both that I don't fancy starting over again. It's taken me years to get as far as I have, playing off and on when I don't have a new project.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5441
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 1:41 pm:   

You're correct about my Free Fan/Lucky Fan confusion. I'd had no luck with FF #3. My mind is not organised sufficiently for this style of game. I doubt if it's winnable for all that's worth.
L.P.G. is a pretty good game. It has a high win rate but many of the games require a fair bit of thought. I had to play two or three of them more than once before I got them to oblige. You only need 52 winners to be at the top of the table. You don't need to be in any hurry. Undo,redo,restart until your heart's content. Looks like the table topper has lost interest anyway. For a game with a 99% win rate it is strange that #7 doesn't even have a single legal move.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 4:10 pm:   

Free Fan #3 is winnable. At least in 101. I don't know if it is different in PGS. I guess I will have to take a look.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1780
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 4:28 pm:   

FF #3 is winnable in both 101 and PGS. L.P.G. #1 and 2 are winnable.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5445
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 6:18 pm:   

I didn't read the rules. I was trying to win it with a maximum of three cards per pile. No wonder I couldn't win it.
Kathy Quade (Kathyquade)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 7:14 pm:   

We forgot about my Lucky Fan #3 game, but in my opinion I think it's unwinnable.

BTW, if there's anyone reading this post who likes to read, I've got a great book I'm reading that I can't put down. The name of the novel is "Dimiter", and it's by William Peter Blatty, who wrote "The Exorcist". However, it has nothing to do with that subject. It's a detective story/thriller/faith combination. Mike, you like to read. I'd highly recommend it. It also has humor in it. Just a heads up to anyone who's looking for a good novel.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 11:09 pm:   

Lucky Fan #3. No hope on my tries.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 5446
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 5:17 am:   

I can score 22 with Lucky Fan #3 Kathy. I'd say it is unwinnable.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration