Grounds for Divorce #456590849 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Grounds for Divorce #456590849 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ricky L Hughes (Rickhughes)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Rickhughes

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   

This is my favorite game, and I thought it was always solvable (954 wins, 0 losses) until I got this number. I have been stuck here for months, and I don't want to give up and take a loss, so I haven't been playing much lately. A big problem with this one is there is nothing playable on the first deal from the stock. Can anybody win this?
Heidi Holton (Heidismiles)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Heidismiles

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 6:51 pm:   

Just wanted to let you know that I'm trying it and haven't been able to beat it yet. I did get one free column though, have you been able to do that? How close did you come to winning?
Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 72.146.108.204
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   

I was able to win this one as well. Focus on getting the 3rd column from the left free. Once you do that, it takes a little trial and error but it can be done.

(Message approved by admin)
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 181
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   

I must congratulate Paul for winning this one! I was at it off and on for days and was begining to think he was having us on. (I didn't think much of the clue though). Well worth spending an hour or two on,but solution attached in case it starts driving you mad too.
application/octet-streamCuckoo too?
Grounds for Divorce_x_456590849.pgs (7.9 k)
Gail L. Johnson (Gljbask)
Solitaire Player
Username: Gljbask

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   

Hi Ricky,
I find it amazing that you can win almost every game of this you play. Since you can only move the bottom cards, and if they are in sequence I get stumped rather quickly -- I haven't won it yet -- and I sure can't get anywhere with 456590849 -- want to win on my on, not look at the answers -- but what's the technique? Am I missing something?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 796
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   

Hi Gail,
I can win some of them, but "almost every game" is an exaggeration.
As for a technique, it's relatively simple. Although you can play any suit on top of any other suit, it's better if you try any keep them as close to single suits as is possible. You can move whole sections of cards between columns as long as they are all the same suit. Mixed suits can't be moved. With this game it's vital to get a column free as early as possible. Because you can move any card (or legitimate group of cards) into the empty space, you should be able to sort out some cards from other columns into same suit groups. When you have an entire suit in sequence in the tableau, it is automatically removed, making it easier to unscramble some more. Apart from that it's just a case of puting in the hours.
136081521 and 1831101952 should be easier than 456590849. Good luck.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 5:35 am:   

Hi Ricky,
Thanks, I'll give it a try -- have the basics of how to play, will work on getting columns free and see how it goes. Thanks for the game numbers.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 7:03 am:   

Richard, I bet you haven't been called Ricky since you were a wee boy sitting on your momma's knee! Kenny
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 799
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 11:16 am:   

Now just you listen to me Kenny boy; I've never been called Ricky in my life (until now), and I certainly did nothing as mundane as sit on my mother's knee. Like Topsy,"I s'pect I just growed. Don't think nobody never made me." What's your excuse? Dirty test-tube?
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   

Hey, sorry about the "Ricky" but the one I originally sent addressed Ricky Hughes, so I guess I just got mixed up, RICHARD.
thanks for your help, I'm working on it.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 800
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   

Hi Gail, I'd no problem with it at all. There are other derivatives of Richard that may not have gone down quite as well though.
Solitaire Player

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 2:58 pm:   

Thanks for the game numbers, I finally got it. It's a lot of fun.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration