FreeCell #239257953 Is it winnable? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » FreeCell #239257953 Is it winnable? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lawrence Kobylarz (Granpa_larry)
New Solitaire Player
Username: Granpa_larry

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 7:38 am:   

I was going to retire when I got to 30,000 wins but I ran into this game. FC Pro says it is impossible. Has anyone else played #239257953 of Goodsol latest version.
Danny A. Jones
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 209.142.12.122
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   

It's my understanding that PGS game numbers and FcPro game numbers have different card distributions after the standard 1M deals supported in the Microft version of FreeCell.

So, if you're using FcPro to cross-check PGS deals, you're out of luck.

If you feel ambitious, try deals #31465 and #57148. Good luck.

(Message approved by admin)
Lawrence Kobylarz (Granpa_larry)
Junior Solitaire Player
Username: Granpa_larry

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   

I didn't use FC Pro's numbers. I loaded the PGS game as a custom game. I keyed in all the stacks. I told it to solve the game using methods 1, 2, and 3 and they all told me there was no solution. I was at 29,600 wins when this happened. I guess I won't be able to make 30,000
Danny A. Jones
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 209.142.12.122
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   

Well, it sounds like you did everything right to cross-check the PGS deal.

Although I've seen the first two methods in FcPro incorrectly report a deal as unsolvable, Method 3 will report it as 'Intractable' and leave open the possibility that it does have a solution.

If you wish to post a copy of the input file you used for FcPro, I'll cross-check it with my solver. It has a little more power than FcPro.

In any event, you shouldn't let this deal stop you when you're doing so well.

(Message approved by admin)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration