Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 245
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   

Hi Ken (x2),
You've got plenty of time to solve at least one of these and still be on time for your work on Monday. I've discovered I have a penchance for Big Apple. Let's find out if you have. You're going to stop talking to me, right?
Big Apple_hard_1580458880
Big Apple_hard_531519233
Big Apple_hard_846853760
Good luck,
Richard.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 156
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   

Well if both Kens gang up we might be trouble.

text/plain
Big Apple_1580458880.pgs (4.5 k)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 157
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   

text/plain
Big Apple_846853760.pgs (4.4 k)
text/plain
Big Apple_846853760.pgs (4.4 k)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 158
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   

BTW you will note it took 34 min to play and post the last two after the first. They were much easier.

post script: knowing they are winnable adds to that alot.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 246
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 4:59 am:   

Hi Ken B,
I was intending offering you an honour for cracking my three puzzles in decent time, but your knighthood will have to wait until you learn to count up to three. 34 minutes indeed! We're just going to have to take your word for that now, aren't we? Blew it eh? Your knighthood has been postponed indefinitely. "Arise Sir Blackmarks" may then be appropriate. Until then I will settle for taking a rise out out you. Ha! Lambs to the slaughter.
Commiserations,
Richard.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 247
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 5:12 am:   

Hi Sir Lunchalot,
On a more serious note, would you not agree that a 4% rating for Big Apple is excessively low?
I posted the top stats for the game at over 20%, but due to a technical problem I got irate with it and wiped them all. I have now won 18 games from 33 with an average of 54%. I oblige myself to play at least one game from three that the randomiser throws up. Do you fancy seeing if we can get to 100 games with an average above 50 percent?
Richard.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 251
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 6:29 am:   

Hi Guys,
I've managed to play 85 games of Big Apple with a 35% strike rate. It is definitely a bridge too far (for me anyway) to reach my previous goal of 50%.
I hesitate to say that these are difficult, given how readily Ken solved my previous ones. Suffice is to say that Richard Mechen found them a problem.
Big Apple_difficult_184557649
Big Apple_fairly hard_382613601
Good luck if you have a go.
Richard.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 258
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:54 am:   

Hi Ken (Blackwell),
Did you suss out what I was on about with the solutions you posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 9:19 pm:? I know full well that you solved the puzzles but I couldn't resist the golden opportunity you gifted me. You'll get used to my wierd sense of humour after a decade or two.
RSVP,
Richard.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:12 am:   

I realized of course that I posted the same game twice, oops but you know I comleted both... just a typical miscue (low on chalk).
text/plain
Big Apple_531519233.pgs (5.6 k)
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 160
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:17 am:   

As with my spelling...completed. Speaking of odd stats. Why do you think the stats on Spaces and Aces is so low. It is quite an easy game?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 259
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   

Hi Ken,
Thanks for response. We all miscue so we have to chalk it up to experience. It's good to know that we are not like chalk and cheese. Sometimes my sense of humour is out of sinc with my common sense and I go a bit too far. As long as you appreciate there's never any malice in it.
Re Aces and Spaces, it's a good game but I play it infrequently. I get brassed off when I land up with a single card that is impossible to shift, after I've spent forever getting the rest of them perfect. I don't like games where you have to do loads of forward planning. Frog and Black Hole are the only two that spring readily to mind.
Check out my stats for Winery, that's what's been keeping the brain cell busy lately.
TTFN,
Richard.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Intermediate Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 9:59 am:   

Richard, I couldn't agree with you more. I hate games like Frog and Black Hole also. My brain is just not wired that way. Any winning Winery #'s that you care to share? (But don't post the solutions just yet.) Ken M.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 262
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   

Hi Ken,
I've even managed to baffle myself this time! What was I babbling about? Winery? Why? Only played it three times. Pass the chalk mate.
My winners for it were 1980232831 and 1039057281.
I'll tell you which game I was really talking about once I figure it out myself! Phew!
Richard.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 263
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   

Hi Ken,
VINEYARD! Knew it had something to do with booze.
Winery wasn't that far away.
Richard.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:09 am:   

Richard, Got those two Winery #'s. That game is a lot easier than Vineyard with those 2 free cells. Congrats on being the top dog in the Vineyard stats. Knowing your 'dogged' determination in trying to win a game, at what point do you decide that no matter how much more you play a particular game #, that it is unwinnable?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 4:05 am:   

Hi Ken,
If I find that I reach a stage in a game where I'm not making any progress, I undo to a point where I made a decision about which card to move, and I move one of the other ones. I keep this up until I'm reasonably certain I've exhausted all the possibilities, and then I throw in the towel. I will then post the number and see if a fresh brain can make the breakthrough that I've neglected to spot, and if that fails I will play it again a few times before I assume the game is unwinnable.
Re Winery... I played quite a few yesterday and feel that the vast majority are readily winnable. Not much of a challenge I think. I'm looking for something else. Posted a decent score for Rouen very recently. It's quite good.
Richard.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration