Senior Wranger doesn't record win? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Senior Wranger doesn't record win? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Advanced Solitaire Player
Username: Tzrnpeg

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   

Tonight I finally got Senior Wrangler #1917536384 to work for me. However, even though all the cards were played and the 8 stacks are greyed out, the game doesn't record as a win. Anyone else have this problem?

Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 341
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:03 am:   

Hi Peg,
I posted an almost identical message two or three days ago. Thomas agreed that there is a problem which he is going to fix in the next version. Click on "last week" at bottom left of this screen and you will find it amongst the recent postings.
Richard.
Peg Mueller (Tzrnpeg)
Username: Tzrnpeg

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 9:14 am:   

Sorry Richard, I didn't see it. Glad to hear that Thomas agrees there is a problem. <g>

Back to my sticklers.
Peg
Jeralyn Taylor (Annika)
Username: Annika

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 10:24 am:   

I tried Senior Wrangler, and won it on the 6th try. #411308929 This situation about the win not registering is not unique to this game. If the whole deck is used, the red numbers appear. If not, it does register as a win on the right,where the percentages are; but on the left, there is no red number. In SR, the whole double deck is not used to win the game. I've been trying to
remember what other games work this way, and I believe Pyramid, or one of the pyramid games, works like this: one can clear the pyramid, but have leftover stock cards. A win registers, but since not all 52 cards are discarded, no red numbers appear. Of course, Pyramid is hard to win, and I must have played it on my old computer. I haven't won it yet, since this question arose.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 342
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 11:20 am:   

Hi Jeralyn,
Thanks for your input but what you are describing is not accurate in this case.
With the IDENTICAL number I have managed to get PGS to record a win in red at score 104, and also a win in black at score 96, but now it will no longer record anything. It's as if you hadn't played the game at all. I went as far as clearing my stats and trying again, but it still records nothing whatsoever. No game was played!
Thomas agrees there is a problem and will sort it anon.Thanks anyway.
Richard.
Thomas Warfield (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 11:43 am:   

Yes, as reported in the other thread, there is a problem in the current version with Senior Wrangler reporting a win. This problem occurs only under certain circumstances and depends on the moves of the game, so one person could play a game number and the win would record and another person could play the same game number differently and it wouldn't record. This bug will be fixed in the next version.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration