Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Crescent « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Frances Cammisa (Yankeegal)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Yankeegal

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   

Hi All--After 841 tries, i have come to the conclusion that Crescent ranks right up there with the quasi-"unwinnable" games--does anyone have a solution to this? I appreciate all help--

Maria
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 180
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   

cant remember the game as I have played it only once with a posted winnable game #2042433152,

Give it a try
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 734
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   

Hi Maria, Crescent is not a game I like so I've only played 10 times. I won #1868074112. Don't forget that Aces can go onto Kings, and vice versa. Try to concentrate on one suit at a time.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 192
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 4:43 am:   

Thanks, Ken, I'll try that number----
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 193
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 4:46 am:   

Hi Richard--thank you--yes, I know Kings and Aces can be played on each other--I still haven't won it even with that tactic after 841 tries---

Well, I got to win Thirteen packs so I guess I can conquer this one---

A question, though: which, for you and in your opinion, are the most challenging of the Solitaires?
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 739
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 7:24 am:   

Hi Maria, I have to admire your perseverence with Crescent. 841 attempts! I think I'd be suicidal.
Not a game I'm fond of.
There are a great many difficult solitaires. If you look in the section called Very Hard Games and highlight each one individually, you'll see some that are almost entirely down to luck. These are the most difficult, and the most infuriating.
In the version of PGS that I'm running, British Canister is only rated at HARD. Words fail me, and that doesn't happen very often.Ha! And then we have Frog which is classed as a Medium. If this was the only solitaire game in the world, most people would stop playing altogether.
My favourites change all the time, but I prefer games that task my brain, as long as I know I've a reasonable chance of winning some of them.
Recently I've taken a notion to play more Pretty Good Majhongg. If you don't already have it, you should download the triel version and give it a go. I'm sure you'll like it.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 195
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 8:20 am:   

Good Morning, Richard--I have explored the Very Hard Games category--I was merely wondering which ones YOU find particularly challenging---I will have to keep British Canister and Frog in mind--but I do want to conquer Crescent first--

Strange that you should mention MahJongg. I was re-reading some Agatha Christie books and I happened on "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" in which MahJongg is mentioned--a good deal of "pung" and "chow" and whatever it is to which they refer---sounds fascinating--maybe I will give it a try--

Have a wonderful day--but it must be pretty close to evening there by now---

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration