Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Family Plot « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 12:54 am:   

And now for something completely different.. (Didn't Monty Python used to say that?) Try Family Plot #2004178432. My best score so far is 78.
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 975
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 7:14 am:   

Hi Ken, I expect you've hit the same obstacle as me. the four of clubs in the reserve. I also got 78 at my first attempt. Will put my devious mind to work on it later.
Ken Blackwell used the same Monty Python quote quite recently. I've also used it. Great minds definitely do.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 977
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 7:25 am:   

The lazy side of my brain jumped in and saved the devious side a job. It's unwinnable.
You're dealt with clubs so in order to make any progress you have to complete a suit of them. This demands that you use your only five of clubs. The other one is buried in the reserve somewhere below the four, which means that it can never be moved. I'll give it some more thought but I'm pretty sure you can't reach the four in the reserve and keep the five in play simultaneously.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 978
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 8:14 am:   

I got a reasonable distance whilst keeping the five of clubs in the tableau, but it becomes unwinnable when you get as far as the five of hearts in the reserve. It can't be played into the tableau at all as fives do not go onto sixes.
Definitely unwinnable.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration