Carlton #1495845120 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Goodsol Forum » Is it Winnable? » Carlton #1495845120 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lynne Bartenstein
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 5:06 pm:   

I played this game using the unplayed games randomizer, so it was the first time I played. The aces came out late in the game, which made it very difficult to play. "Rules" listed winning percentage as 5%, which sounded right based on my experience, but when I checked the "Top Scores", there were so many 100% winners! Is there some kind of technique to winning this game?
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 6:04 am:   

This game is long past its "Sell By Date". I can only think of one person apart from myself who may be daft enough, determined enough, single-minded enough and fanatical enough to tackle and WIN it.
So how about it Mr.Blackwell? Is it as bad as your recent Midshipman posts, or is it perhaps even worse? It took me a while.
Revenge is sweet.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 412
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 9:09 am:   

Richard, You ARE the man (as if there was any doubt!) I worked on this last night in the middle of the night (the only time I can use my computer now), and my best score after an hour was 9.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 10:35 am:   

Hi Ken, Stick to the night-time routine. Rumour has it that you look better when it's dark anyway.
Yes it's an absolute stinker isn't it? That's how I landed up winning it. I challenged myself to put my score into double figures, and eventually reached 18. I gave myself a good telling off and demanded I get it into the twenties. One thing let to another.
I did caution you that it took me a while.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Blackie9

Post Number: 270
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   

Sorry it took so long to answer your challenge.....ITS BECAUSE I WAS IN AN INSTITUTION!!!!

application/octet-stream
Carlton_1495845120.pgs (6.0 k)

I looked at that game and thought theres no way its winnable.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 5:21 am:   

Congratulations. I knew you'd get there eventually Ken, just like I did. We don't like to give up, do we? That game has got to one of the hardest ever, and poor Lynne landed up with it as her first one. Ouch!
That particular game IS an institution.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 10:43 am:   

You're not off the hook yet though Ken. You may have missed this game I posted in December. It gave me a problem or two.
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 12:41 pm: Double SeaTowers 1032666561 - Is it winnable?

The answer is YES.
This is my little Christmas Cracker to anyone who is in desperate need of rescue from Christmas.
Who'll post it first?
Have a great Christmas guys.

I'll be watching this space, but if you solved the above Carlton, you should be able to cope with anything else I throw at you.
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 271
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   

The answer is yes it is winnable.....

application/octet-stream
Double SeaTowers_1032666561.pgs (3.4 k)

Not even close to the others....maybe Babe Ruth League
Ken Blackwell (Blackie9)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 272
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   

That Carlton still has me shaking my head....

BuBaBaaaa!!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 4:19 am:   

306540385 is another Double Sea Towers I dredged up from way back in the Is It Winnable section.
You'll win it too if you persist for long enough.
Well done with 1032666561. I don't expect 306540385 will prevent you from completing your mission successfully.
I've played every unwon game in that section several times now, and believe that this is the last one that's winnable. Mind you, I thought that before and went back and found the three examples on this page. You could make me feel sheepish if you can find another winner left in there though Ken.
Stop shaking your head though Ken. People with think it's a rattlesnake.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 1422
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 6:47 am:   

Double Sea Towers 306540385. Come on guys. Surely you're not going to allow me to be the only one to solve it. You'll never hear the end of it. I warn you!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration