Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Triple Interchange XIIIKen Millar 8-03-08  12:41 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Tpa_ken

Post Number: 706
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 9:36 am:   

Richard, I couldn't figure out which Disraeli quote you were referring to. I found two that apply to you:

"How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct".

OR

"Bore: one who has the power of speech but not the capacity for conversation".
Richard Mechen (Richardscotland)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Richardscotland

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:01 am:   

Try the one "borrowed" by Mark Twain.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 707
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:14 am:   

Where's the Disraeli quote about being totally impressed? Re: 1383, how is that a winnable game? There NO alternative moves in the tableau! There is no QS, no QD, no 9H and no clubs to move either 9C. Sure, there are alternative moves in the stock, but what does it matter if you bring out the 2nd 9S instead of the first one, for ex. It still doesn't affect the cards in the tableau. I'm not worthy!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2017
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:21 am:   

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is part of a phrase attributed to Benjamin Disraeli and popularized in the United States by Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
For the fuller picture you need this......

Just winding Mike up. Mister Smarty Kilt indeed!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player
Username: Butler77

Post Number: 652
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   

Hee,Hee. You did have me going there for a very short minute. It looked unwinnable to me. But these days I am not sure of anything. Debbie and I are off on a trip up north to Chico, Ca. this weekend. Michael gets to stay home. Which is unfair. Debbie's sisters kid is having a fund raiser to help on her tuition to New York University. For some reason we have to go. Hope the gas prices keep everyone else at home. We will have to take out a bankloan to pay for it.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   

I went to a bit of trouble for that wind-up Mike. You should be honoured.
Suggestion:- Send what you'd have spent on gas to the fundraiser and just stay at home. Eco-friendly, doing your bit about global waring, saving wear and tear on the car, preventing the possibility of an accident en route. How many excuses do you need?
Fuel here is very pricey. We are currently paying around $2.60 a litre! Deisel for the van is considerably dearer. In Venezuela its just a few cents per gallon. Get them to mail some to you.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 653
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   

That is a very good suggestion. It would probably be a lot better to send the $500+ dollars we will spend on gas to them. I will mention it when the wife gets home. I am sure the folks up north don't care if we are there or not. This is all about their daughter.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2020
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 4:21 am:   

I was tempted to skip 1656 when I saw the deal. It looks like a walk in the park, but it took me some considerable time to get a column cleared. After that it was fairly routine. See what you think.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 708
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:09 am:   

It was easy only because you gave us a heads-up and I didn't make the obvious plays.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 654
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 1:40 pm:   

Well, I am up here in Chico, Ca. The weather is to say the least warm. Also since there have been a number of forest fires up here there is a layer of smoke in the air. You can see it if you can get a sattelite image. We only spent around $200 on gas so far. When I mentioned to the wife about staying home and just sending the money I was told in no uncertain terms that this was about family (hers of course) and I should not even think about not going. Having a wonderful time. Wish you were here.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 709
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   

Who do you boys favor in the Euro Cup? Germany or Spain?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   

Tempted to say "Who cares?" Either one is capable, but I kind of hope that the Germans deflate the egos of the super-rich players of Spain. Scotland deliberately didn't qualify to give them both a chance.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 655
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   

What's the Euro Cup? Something to drink soup out of. Do you know what the Grey Cup is?
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   

Is that the Canadian Football League championship?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 656
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   

Right Ken. Since Football (Soccer) is not a big sport the US. Although with the influx of folks from south of the border it is gaining in popularity. But it holds very little interest for me.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   

Not even to see Victoria Beckham in the stands?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:01 am:   

Victoria Beckham! I've see more meat on a butcher's pencil. Every bit the lady though.....until see opens her gob. She'd be an ideal partner for someone who was deaf and dumb.....or maybe just plain dumb. Sorry David, in case you've got someone to read this for you.
Nice to see that Mike is now calling football by its correct name eh Ken? He's not keen on the game because he's not got a big enough putter, and he's not got the legs for shorts.

Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 657
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:06 am:   

I resemble that remark. I have had many comments on my good looking legs. And most of those guys knew what they were talking about. The thing about Football, Soccer. There are a lot of cheap shots and whining over little taps. Good grief. Play a real game. At least playing golf you might get hit by a ball at any time and killed. I have been hit several times and died twice. Finished my 1200mi odyssey. I just hope I don't have to do it again soon.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 720
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:44 am:   

They're going to make a TV show about you, Mike, and call it, "Chico and the Man".
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 3:08 am:   

There have been many football players killed and seriously injured over the years. Some of the fouling is atrocious but as the stakes are so high there is always an element of gamesmanship where a team will try to gain an advantage by feigning injury to get an opponent sent off.
I knew there had to be more to golf! You get to try and kill total strangers! Just how many dead people are playing golf Mike? That explains some of those golf clothes. I've said before that I wouldn't be seen dead in half of them. Yeah! Let's hear it for golf. Dead exciting.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 722
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 3:40 am:   

Aren't you going to get in trouble with the Scottish Secret Police for saying that?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:16 am:   

Have you seen The Other Policeman's Secret Ball? That's where they get their recruits. Commedians to a man.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 658
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   

Richard. Remember, you are talking about Scotland's national game. Ken was right. The SSP will be at your door. Or at least the Society at St. Andrews. If you ever follow the people I play behind on the golf course you might think they are dead. Unfortunately my wife has two elderly members of her family up in Chico and we may have to make another trip up in the next few months. I hope not. It was 100 degrees there along with the smoke from the fires. Not very comfortable. BTW. The fancy golf clothes are just to liven things up. As well as a little beeer of course. And maybe a drop of Whisky
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 723
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   

No comment, Mike, about my post at 244am? I thought I was being pretty clever for that late at night. Am I the only one who remembers Freddie Prinze?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2035
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   

Sorry Ken, I'd no idea what you were on about, and I've never heard of Freddie Prinze.
Would you care to have a rethink re 40 Thieves? Winning numbers are pretty thin on the ground. Tom the liar tops the table with 640 consecutive wins. That's Tom the liar from Scotland, unless he lied about that too. Judging by his track record his name is probably not Tom either
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 724
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   

How about Big 40?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 659
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   

Sorry Ken. Of course I remember Freddie Prinze. And also his son Freddie Prinze Jr. I just don't like my name associated with beautiful Chico, Ca.
My wife's sister and her husband do a lot up there. The brother-in-law can't go much of anywhere in the city without people stopping him every five feet and saying hi. I call him "Mr. Chico". It is a nice city when the weather is right.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2036
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   

Tried a few Big 40 games but they're very cut and dried. Practically no room for manouvre at all. Did we ever tackle Opus? It looked OK to me.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 725
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   

ALMOST as bad as a Scotsman not liking golf is a PGS player not liking Free Cell games. So how about any game from the 40 Thieves family, the Klondike family, or the Canfield family (e.g. 7 Devils or Variegated Canfield).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:12 am:   

OK playmates, I nominate Blind Patience. How's the eye anyway Mike? It's a game with lot's of scope for tactical moves. It's rated as Hard 16%.
It's a Forty Thieves type, and the top of the table has yet to be polluted by the usual deluded ego-maniacs. It fits Ken's critera and mine.
Our quest gentlemen is to win 20 consecutive numbers. How's that for a gauntlet? I'll be expecting lots of winning numbers from you guys, and a few distress flares would be quite acceptable too.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 726
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:56 am:   

Good pick! Mike is (was) blind, and you have no patience! And not only that but one can't pick and choose the games because all the cards are face down when one first starts. Anyways, here's my contribution to the cause: I won 274620321
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 727
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:59 am:   

And not only that but there are 3 Ken's in the 10 top stats (so we KNOW that they are honest).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 6:27 am:   

NO PATIENCE!!!!! What one earth do you mean?!! I put up with you guys don't I?!! And I haven't murdered anyone for the best part of a month. Don't I qualify for a medal for my patience and perseverance in solving games that have been hovering at the edges of your waste bins? No patience indeed! We're off on holiday in another 17 days. I wish it would hurry up. HAAAAA haaaa haaa ha ha!
Remember my challenge was to win consecutive numbers, so your next one would need to be one up or down from 274620321. I've got a run of three so far and I'm beginning to think that the vast majority may be winnable.....with patience!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2039
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 8:22 am:   

Perhaps Blind Patiemce is going to be a bit too easy. I've won #1 to #8 with just one that proved akward.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 728
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:41 am:   

How about 7 Steps?

Speaking of impatience, I never did find out what you were going on about 2 days ago?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 10:09 am:   

I've calmed down now so I'll be able to tell you. In brief, we took our motorhome into Aberdeen for a new ignition lock. We'd been "booked in" and arrived at 8am having driven for 90 minutes just to get there. We went to my mothers house,phoned at 11am and were told it was just about to be taken in. At 12 they said they'd still not started. At 2pm we went back expecting it to be done. They then told us that the part hadn't arrived. That info had been written on the jobsheet that the cretin had had in her hands 6 hours earlier. I'd ordered and paid for it 3 weeks previously and was told it would be there in 2-3 days. They couldn't slot us in to the next day's rota as they were "fully booked up". It will be another TWO WEEKS before they have a slot. I'd to scrap my letter of complaint as it was way way o.t.t. I'll phone their haed office tomorrow. Some poor git is going to get an earbashing.
Will look at 7 Steps.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 729
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 10:32 am:   

If it's any consolation (which I'm sure it's not) that problem is universal. My brother is an auto mechanic back in Iowa. I drive my car 1200 miles to have him look at it rather than getting jerked around by one of the locals.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 660
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:05 am:   

Don't get me started (no pun) on auto repair. it's become a giant ripoff. When you guys decide on a game let me know. I will be able to see it. But probably not be be able to play it.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   

They have the brass neck to call it a SERVICE department too!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 661
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   

No shirt. No shooes. No brains. No service.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 662
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   

Take a look at #1399. I can't seem to get it.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 663
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   

Never mind. I got it. Don't know what the problem was.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   

The problem was that is was very difficult. I cleared column 6 first, followed almost immediately by 3. Great game. Thanks.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 664
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   

Oh. And I thought it was me. I was having a terrible time. It's good to know it was a challenge.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2046
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 9:10 am:   

I've had fun today. I got thru to a top manager at the head office of the motor company. He was very sympathetic and gave me a new number to phone. Before he hung up he asked me if I'd mind telling him where I'd got his number from. Handy tool the internet. I then spoke to the local area manager telling him who'd redirected me, and then the service manager phoned apologising up an down. I think he was getting close to an involuntary bowel movement. The moral...... shake the tree from the top.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 665
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:27 pm:   

But when do you get the new ignition switch? Just wondering.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2049
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   

Tuesday 1.15, which was the earliest WE could manage. He promised we would be finished by 2.30.
It's a bit disconcerting when the engine just switches off without warning. Why is there always a vehicle practically up your exhaust when things like this happen?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 666
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   

It's the law of the universe. When something happens there has to be more than one problem to deal with. Good luck. I hope they know what will happen to them at the repair shop if it doesn't get done. Do they indeed have the part there now?
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 735
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   

Disconcerting to say the least. Can you imagine that happening in SoCal, Mike? (Or Florida, for that matter.)
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 736
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   

These things are a lot easier when Richard tells us what column to clear. Try TI 1564646912
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 668
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 2:03 am:   

1564646912 was a 30 min solve. Had a little trouble. I had a car a while back. It had a problem with one of the sensors. They would burn out regularly. When they would heat up the car would stop. It didn't care where. It was a bad design.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2050
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 2:51 am:   

You must have selected a particularly akward column to empty first Mike. I got column 3 in 4 minutes and had the job done in 7 more. I cleared column 1 a good few moves after column 3, I was watching to see how the hearts would develop first.
Don't you peek at the solution Kenny boy. See what you make of it first.
application/octet-stream
Triple Interchange_1564646912_Sorry.pgs (6.8 k)
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 738
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 8:37 am:   

Actually I got it soon after I posted it.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 670
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 11:39 am:   

Seems like solving a hand after we post that there is trouble is normal for some reason. I don't remember which column I cleared first. I was confused by those three 3C I think.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 674
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 1:35 am:   

#1426 is causing problems.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2067
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 3:57 am:   

A tricky one Mike. Here's where I got my column. Will post another snapshot it you can't solve it from here. These are the TI's I love.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 749
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 5:14 am:   

Richard, I'm glad that you weren't taking the mickey on that one because it worked like a charm! (Over here in the States, we "give" somebody the business, or "give" somebody grief. So I guess that's the difference between us Americans and you GBer's. We're givers and you're takers!)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 6:30 am:   

Yeah, when are you going to "give" the Israelis the green light to sort out Abdul Adinnerjacket?
You'll have noticed that the Brits don't "take" a back seat when your Presidents decide to "give" someone a spanking. We leave it up to countries like France to "give" you the finger. We "take" your side cos we love you and cos you gave us the Simpsons.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 675
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   

Thanks Richard. I finally got it. It took me a few tries just to get where you showed. I thought I was about there last night but it was late. Moving on.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 750
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 6:39 am:   

Try #1699760127.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 7:54 am:   

It's unwinnable Ken. Everything is blocked except the spades and the clubs which then block themselves by having duplicates in the same column. Still a very rare item, an unwinnable TI.
How's your cuzz doing? Our coverage is way too late.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 751
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 8:35 am:   

He's 5th overall, and there's an American (Christian Vandevelde) in 4th place.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2072
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:17 am:   

Fifth wearing overalls! I'd be impressed if I hadn't cycled over 60 miles one day wearing wellington boots and an anorak. We were going fishing... so don't start with any smart remarks about train-spotting.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 676
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   

So far we have identified 21 unwinnable TIs.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2073
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   

A rare breed indeed. Any idea what our percentage would be? Must be 99% plus I'd think. It's got to be well under 10 losers per thousand played. It was a certain Mr.Millar who started this marathon.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 677
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   

You guys are better with numbers than I am. Unfortunately we have change computers and restarted so many times there is no way to know how many hands we have played. You guys played a lot before I started.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 752
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   

Speaking of restarting, before I switched computers, I had 200 games of TI w/o a loss. Now due to this random # and Richard's prank with 1383 (!), I have now lost two!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2074
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   

Why worry Ken? You can always start again, but here's what you'd have to beat.

The guy in the middle is Bill Lally. The guy below him may be Do Lally. And I'm not gonna say a word about the man at the top.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 678
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   

Now you have embarrassed me. I will have to post my legitimate score. In two or three months.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2075
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:37 am:   

I'm sure your legit score may have been better that that one Mike. I'd not be surprised if we'd ALL beaten it at some point. We've had some l-o-n-g runs without a loser. It would be interesting to see if we could notch up a thousand straight wins by having a good look at the tableaux before we started to play them. Interesting but tedious perhaps. I honestly believe that the table topper may have done just that, but I'll not be trying to wrest his title from him.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2076
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 5:54 am:   

It's occurred to me that you guys have probably not hear of Frankie Howerd's outrageous TV series "Up Pompeii". I just thought that Tituspintus sounded like a character from the show, and I didn't trust myself to go any further. It was a show packed with risque puns and innuendo. Right up my street. Have a peek at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurcio
I wasn't calling his stats into doubt but thought that the name may be something quite rude. It won't google anything I can understand.
Similarly, I've no issues with Mike's stats either. I just found the Bill Lally - Do Lally wordplay too hard to resist.
Apologies, Rotundas Guttimus.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2077
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:14 am:   

I've got myself into a deep rut with 1649. I think I've become obsessed with a couple of cards. I got a column earlier but thought I was barking up the wrong tree and restarted it without saving! Dementia? I'd tell you its posh name..... if I could just remember what it is. Anyway, I've failed to empty a column since.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:40 am:   

Phew! It's winnable! I've been at that for well over an hour. Go on guys, h0ld the boot in. Tell me I made a pig's ear of it.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 679
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:15 pm:   

I am working on 1649. It is indeed a tough one. Give me another day or two and I will get it.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 753
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   

H0ld on! Are you telling me "h0ld" is another barred word? What is this website trying to tell me? That I should h0ld from buying $hoe$ and 8eer? 1649 is vanquished after 40 minutes!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 680
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:22 pm:   

Well done Ken. I am having a terrible time. h0Ld is banned because of spam. TeXas h0Ld-um is an example.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 754
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   

If it's any help, col. 3 is the first one I cleared.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 681
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:56 pm:   

I got it. Don't remember which column I cleared first. Don't even know what I did differently. It's done. That's all I know. Now I will have a BEEEER.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   

Glad to hear that it wasn't just me who had trouble with it. It CAN happen, and it has, thankfully to all of us.
You'll be glad to hear that the UK government is going to be taking legal action against spammers and junk mail merchants. It's ironic that these nuisances get a lot of their info FROM the government by means of electoral lists. The DIM BULBS sell it to them. What did they think these creeps were going to do with the addressess? Send us all Christmas cards?
Working down the TI's again Mike. Hope to bump into you soon.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 682
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   

Government taking action against spammers. What happened to free enterprise and the freedom of the internet. Oh forget it. Hang them all. I will keep plugging away at the TI's. But if you spring anymore like this last hand on me I will never get caught up.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 683
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   

I was just looking on the Undiscovered Scotland Site again. They have expanded their information on Inverurie. You have quite a nice town. Lots of interesting places. Did you know about the "Battle Of Inverurie". :-) :-)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2081
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   

Sorry Mike, but 1646 did its best to ruin my day. See if it can ruin yours. If I hit many more like this it's gonna be a while before we collide.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2082
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   

Our posts crossed. I have just looked at the site again. Yes Inverurie aint bad.
I did know about the Battle of Inverurie which is also known as the Battle of Barra, the same Barra as the 2 castle pics I posted a few days ago. There was also another Battle of Inverurie centuries later. This is worth reading:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Inverurie_(1745)
It is quite intriguing how the Clan network functioned.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 684
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   

1649 was hard. But not as hard as the other one. Read the stuff on the two battles. Very interesting.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 755
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   

Mike, did you mean 1646? If you did, then I agree with your assessment. It took me 1/2 hr with that one, and 40 minutes with 1649.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 685
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   

Whatever I meant is not right. But what I didn't mean is what I didn't say. Hope that cleared things up.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2083
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 4:37 am:   

Yes that hit the nail right on the head Mike. If you ever consider a career in politics you should brush up on this:-
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.
There are known unkowns. That is to say, there are things we know we don't know.
But, there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know".
It's encouraging to know that we have people of this calibre taking care of world security.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2084
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:51 am:   

I don't know if I've been away from TI for too long or not, but I seem to be having a lot of bother. Your opinions on 1640 would be appreciated.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2085
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 9:12 am:   

I could get a persecution complex! 1638 is unwinnable.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 686
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   

Richard. 1640 was it seemed to me to be a normal TI. It had it's pitfalls but no major roadblocks. We may be over thinking these things. You can see some problems before the hand is played much better than I. But it seems that often some of those problems never really come up. If you ask me a direct question. I will answer with what I think I should answer. But not bore you with too much information which may answer your question or not. Depending on my answer. But if my answer answers your question I will have failed in my response.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 687
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   

Two unwinnables in one week. Way to go gang.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2086
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   

I couldn't possibly disagree with you less.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 688
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   

Your disagreement is accepted with some disagreement.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2087
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 4:52 pm:   

Well done Richard! You've got poor Mike muddled again. My post was a tricky little sentence I heard used just once, by the guy who is now Mayor of London. It means "I am in complete agreement" and I'll admit it had me muddled for a bit too. I'm with Billy Connolly who stated that the desire to become a politician should automatically disqualify you from ever becoming one.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 689
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   

Mike, MUDDLED. Never. What were we talking about.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 691
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 1:44 am:   

See what you can do with #1465. I am going to sleep.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:30 am:   

Concentrate on getting the 9S out of column 2 early in the game and the rest will fall into place with the usual numbers of minor obstacles.
Just indulge in plenty of beauty sleep Mike. Rumour has it that you really need it.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2096
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 7:29 am:   

I'm in desperate need of some beauty sleep myself now Mike! See what you make of 1627. It may have taken me about 40 minutes to get a column. If you're having a go at it Ken, watch out in case you land up looking as weathered as Mike and me.
Please take note of which column you get cleared first.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 759
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 8:36 am:   

I'll give it a go. What did you think of the article I posted elsewhere? It seems like we're not the only ones addicted to solitaire!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2097
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 11:24 am:   

Excellent article Ken. I'm not sure if Mike and myself should be classed as "primitive delights" though. Solitaire is one of the few PC games that doesn't rely heavily on violence of some description. It is as timeless as playing-cards themselves. Maybe a lot more people will come out of the solitaire closet when they GROW UP.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 692
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   

Zen and the Art Of Solitaire. My new book. I still had trouble with #1465 even with your hint. I didn't get enough sleep. Going to try #1627 now.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 693
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   

Solved #1627. Cleared column 8 first.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   

Well done Mike. That's the one I cleared too. I just wondered if I'd been blinkered in persisting with a poor choice. It fell apart after I got the column, and I just estimated how long it may have taken to get the column.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 694
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 10:48 am:   

See if #1474 can give you some action. I have just started it and have to go out. It seems a little puzzling
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2099
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   

Suggest you restart it Mike. You must have been resting your eyes at the time. Are you sure you posted the right number?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 695
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   

Well it was easy. I messed up early and didn't get back on track. Had to go out and empty my bank account to buy gas. So I will be not be doing anything for awhile.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   

Yes fuel is a serious price now. We're far worse off than you though. We're away on holiday on monday so I'll be planning our routes a lot more carefully. Gas for the cooker, the heater and the fridge in the van has shot up as well. Domestic gas is set to soar by another 70% too.
Essentials like 8eer are also getting beyond a joke. Things are likely to get even worse. Looks like PGS will be getting even more action than usual.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 696
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   

I watched a little of the Tour De France yesterday. A lot of people had driven their vans and the like up into the mountains. It looked like fun except for the tiny little roads. Don't think they were, One Way. What's the rule agian for two vehicles meeting. One going up and one going down.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   

You're supposed to give way to the vehicle coming uphill, but too many people have no idea how to drive on these roads, and are a danger to themselves and everyone they encounter. We're heading far north this trip and hope to avoid most of them. A goodly number of the roads should be reasonable too...... at least that's what I've told Liz.
A curious thing happened lately, but the background is this. In large parts of the west protesters forced councils to make the roadsigns dual language,English and Gaelic. They painted out the English words until they got their own way. Very recently Caithness Council decided that they'd waste taxpayers money by doing the same. This time the majority of the local population threatened to paint out the Gaelic placenames if they went ahead. Nobody in the area even speaks the language.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 697
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   

Isn't the same thing done in Wales. Signs in English and Welsh. But perhaps more people speak Welsh there than people who speak Gaelic in parts of Scotland. Vandalism is not the way to accomplish things. Perhaps if they had offered to pay for the signs themselves. No that won't work. Everyone has to put up their money to finance someones projects. I have more to say. But here is not the place.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2107
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   

I'll leave you with 1613 Mike. It looked like it was just going to rattle out despite all the face cards everywhere, but it put up a good struggle later.
Our numbers are getting much closer now. Another 2 weeks should be plenty although I'll be away for a good bit of that.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 765
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   

Mike, Thank God he left us with an easy one. I can't stand it when he leaves us with an impossible one and it's two weeks before there's any releif (from the Richard Mechen school of spelling!).
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 4:50 pm:   

I'll cast a spell on you if you're not careful. The two weeks referred to the time I expect us to complete the 100 of so games that seperates Mike's epic journey from my own downward spiral.
1613 aint that bad. You could train a groundhog to do it in a few hours, so 30 - 45 mins would be acceptable.
Missing you already.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 703
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   

About 15 minutes for #1613. You won't see this till you get back. But have a safe trip Richard. Wish I was wandering around there too.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 2:49 am:   

Well done Mike. Liz was up before 6. It's me who'se the sleepy head.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 704
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   

Richard on holiday.Richard on Holiday
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 768
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 2:11 am:   

Nah, Richard's not that good-looking!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 705
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   

Good one Ken. Now we will both receive the "Wrath of Richard" when he returns.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 9:04 am:   

Oh it's like that is it?
Here is the photo you wanted Mike. That golf club your father founded.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 706
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   

Thanks Richard. You are finally visiting the REAL SCOTLAND. Enough of those crumbly old castles where people got themselves chopped up. Enough of those green gardens where all the good space for a golf course is taken up by flowering plants and benches with no one sitting on them. And the gophers are having a banquet. The REAL SCOTLAND is the golf courses. Many founded by members of my family. Glad you are back. Looking forward to more pictures. Castles and gardens and rivers are ok I guess. If you must.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 707
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   

#1568. Does it have any hope.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 708
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   

Got it.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 709
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 12:59 am:   

#1570. I really am stumped with this one.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 3:18 am:   

Yes, it doesn't give us much to work with. I ran out of ideas very quickly.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 710
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   

Guess 1570 is a dead duck. Try 1572.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   

Never mind. Looks like the only way I can solve these things is to post I am having trouble. then I can figure them out. Except for #1570 that is.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2122
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   

I just got it too by clearing column 5. We've certainly played more difficult ones but I found it hard to get a column.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 712
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   

Are we getting close to meeting up number wise. BTW. What part of Inverurie are you in. Google Earth isn't very clear on that part of Scotland. I have to use a different satellite photo. Google Earth has not done street views of your area yet either. So you are safe. Looks like a lot of newer houses out toward the golf course.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 776
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   

Mike, as Carol King would say, did you "Feel the Earth Move Under Your Feet" today? Hope you're OK!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2123
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 6:19 pm:   

I was down to 1613 when I went on holiday, and I've not played any more since. Only about 50 to go then! Then what?
I'll email you a map of Inverurie. I don't know if I could be bothered wih Go-Ogle Earth. They're starting to live up to their new nickname.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 713
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 12:03 am:   

Things were indeed "All shook up" around here today. It wasn't that bad. The news made it sound and look worse than it was. The only people who freaked out were the newbies to the area. Were we lucky it wasn't larger. YES. Did it shake me up. A LITTLE. Will there be more. SURE. The "BIG ONE" could happen tonight or not for 50 or more years. Just part of living in California. Just like hurricanes in your part of the country. My next door neighbor thought he was having a heart attack until he saw the water sloshing around in his hot tub. Then he went back to doing what he was doing.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 714
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 2:22 am:   

When we finish the first 2000 what do we do. I have no idea. I will probably start on the next thousand. It's not like I have a life. I must be odder than I thought. I like looking at places from the satellite view. It's my way of travelling without having to pay the air fare I guess.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2125
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 2:40 am:   

At least the earth moved for you Mike. The more small tremors you get the less likely a big one is to occur. That's my reasoning anyway. Is there any truth in the rumour (which I'm just starting) that they are going to rename your town to "Huntington Son Of A Beach"?
I see no reason to stop playing TI's either. We'll just keep it going.
Could someone qualify for the Mile High Club whilst on Google Earth?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 715
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 11:31 am:   

I always thought the small tremors relive pressure myself. If fact I remember the earthquake people (I don't feel like trying their proper name) saying that at one time. Yesterday they changed their story. And said that may not be true anymore. I would like to try for the Mile High Club. But it isn't going to happen. Although I have been to Durango, Colorado which is at least that high. And I was with my wife.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 783
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 1:24 pm:   

Did you ride the Durango-Silverton train, the inquisitive seismologist asked.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 716
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   

Didn't ride the train Tectonic Inquisitor. Drove to Silverton then on to Grand Junction, Colo.Durango Station
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 786
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   

I used to live in Colorado 20 years ago and I always wanted to take that train but never did.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 717
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   

When you first leave Durango it looks like a very peaceful ride. Then you start the trek along the cliffs that drop into the river. Seems like fun.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 5:07 am:   

Thought that the Chatanooga Choo Choo would have been higher on you agenda Mike.
Have a go at 1620. It took me a good while before I sussed out how to get a column. It's possible/likely that I overlooked an easier route.
I'll not be playing many TI's for a while. Got to get my photos sorted out pdq. You're not gonna credit it but Liz has to take more holidays commencing 2nd august. It's a hard lfe!
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 788
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 10:00 am:   

"Has to"? I worked with a woman once who they had to force to go on vacation/holiday. (They didn't have to ask me twice!)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 10:57 am:   

My vacation days are over I think. We have to much to do over the next two years to go anywhere. Except family emergencies. Looking at my old photos and knowing how much I missed in my travels makes me want to do something. Oh well. I will get right on that number.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 719
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 11:16 am:   

1620 was a snap. Not sure what you might have missed. The new photos are great. You did disappoint me a little. There were no empty bench shots in the garden pics.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 720
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 11:20 am:   

Oh wait. I found one. off to the right in the second picture of Kingussie. I am going to get a little travel Gnome to start putting in my pictures. I saw one in a shot from around Inverurie.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2137
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 11:34 am:   

Sorry Mike, I posted the wrong number 1610 was the one I meant.
Re the holidays "has to" bit, she has to take them or lose them. Liz has no problem about accepting holidays. Perhaps I encourage her.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 789
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   

I'm moving to Scotland and staying in Richard's spare room if you and Liz take a holiday every 6 weeks and she STILL has holidays left over!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   

I'm going to break your heart some more. She has more to take yet.
Try 1609. It took me ages. I cleared one column but couldn't win it from there. I then cleared another with the same outcome. Third time proved lucky. Of course there is the possibility that I overlooked something because I am in dire need of a holiday.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 721
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   

1610 was a breeze. Cleared column two and went on from there. Will try 1609.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 790
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   

Richard, thank God you totally impressed me with the recent 40 Thieves victory because I agree with Mike, 1610 was a breeze. Here's hoping you're right on 1609!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 722
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   

No problem with 1609. I did one of my numbers before I tried it. We are almost there.Gnome
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 791
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   

Time to go on holiday, Richard. I didn't have any problems with 1609, either.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2139
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   

I guess I got fixated with an idea and failed to see something more obvious.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 723
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   

Have a try at #1598. I am going to eat lunch. Have it solved by the time I get back. That Scotsman has just started at the Pub. Wait several drinks more and see if he is still dancing. Is he making some sort of Clan sign with his right hand. Doing that around here might get you shot.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2140
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   

He's waving you guys goodbye.

What did you think he was doing?
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 724
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   

I'll admit to having some trouble with 1598. I finally got it after a little nap at the keyboard. Now I will go and take a real nap. All I know about the Scotsman hand gesture is that if he did it on the streets around here you would have to fold him up in his Kilt.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2141
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   

Strange! It co-operated nicely with me, yet I had bother with the other two. One man's meat etc.
Re the cartoon:- "The dancer is confined to one spot and snaps his fingers (which was reduced in recent times to merely holding the hands with the thumb touching the second joint of the middle finger, and the other three fingers extended in the air)".
The artist got it slightly wrong admittedly, but would have been drawing from memory I suspect.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 792
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 6:21 pm:   

We're like Three Blind Mice or maybe the Three Bears, because I found it just right: Not easy, but not difficult.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 793
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 1:20 am:   

Richard, you blacklisted my e-mail address AGAIN. I'm beginning to get a complex!
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 725
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 2:29 am:   

Just beginning? Finished #1600. Are we done?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2142
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 3:31 am:   

Sorry Ken but it must have been the software this time (and possibly last time too). I've not touched it. I looked in the Spam folder where any blocked message should have been, but there is none from you. Apparently I can only unblock if there is!!! Luckily I still had an old one in my In-Box so I asked it to Whitelist your mail address which should work. What frustrates me with this software is that I cannot see who is on either list. Don't think they've thought it through. If it wasn't for the forum, how would I know it had happened? Is there anyone else who thinks I've fallen out with them? I've no way of knowing. Think I'll contact the company.

Re "Are we done?". I aint heard no fat lady! Course we're not done! "Done" is for wimps!
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 5:46 am:   

We're not the Three Bears Ken. The three Wise Monkeys perhaps. I lay claim to "Speak no evil" as that is clearly the most appropriate. You two can argue over what's left.
BTW did you spot what Mike saw with the cartoon dancer's hand. I didn't. I'm also curious where he got the thalidomide gnome figure from.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 794
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:23 am:   

Try again, Richard!

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

richard.mechen@tiscali.co.uk
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<rallim80@peoplepc.com>
SIZE=6419:
host mx4.uk.tiscali.com [212.74.100.150]: 550 mail not accepted from blacklisted
IP address [209.86.89.65]
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   

I found three old messages of yours Ken and I whitelisted the lot. To be sure, to be sure, to be sure.
I've found the whitelist too, under "options". Lo and behold, there you are. Strangely Mike is NOT on it. Just as well I don't do racist jokes.
Mike sent me a test email after reading about this problem. It arrived OK. Perhaps it's a week-end thing.... no staff on perhaps.... but I'd have thought it would have been fully automated.
Have another go. I wouldn't want to miss any more info on Rolls Royces or Red Mullets, (purely for research you understand).
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 726
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   

Racist Jokes? Like the one about the Scotsman who opened a bank. But never did any business because he didn't want any of his money leaving him.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2145
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   

Now,now Michael! Racism is a serious crime this side of the pond. Anyway it would have been a pub, not a bank.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 727
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   

Ok no more jokes. Well at least a certain kind for awhile anyway. I finished 1601. Are we ready for the next 1000. We went this morning to look at Doberman puppies. They were really nice dogs. But I don't feel a large dog fits in with our lifestyle and living arrangements. Our little Rat Terrier was perfect. This dog would be my sons dog. In his mind anyway. I would get the load (no pun intended) of the work. But my wife will probably give in. We will see.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 795
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   

Mike, what's your e-mail address? Since my e-mails are not getting thru to Richard, how about I send them to you and you can forward them on?
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2146
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   

I don't fancy getting any more pets. It's too painful when they die. A Doberman is a good choice though, but please don't get it's ears surgically altered.
Yes we can get into the next 1000 any time you want, but I've not had a whole lot of time for PGS lately. I seem to be backed up (no pun intended) with other things at the moment with no end in sight. I must get hundreds of photos sorted out before our next jaunt which is less that 4 weeks off. Check out the link. It's not cheap, but what the heck. It should be a very memorable three hours and will ensure that Liz gets a break too.
http://www.caithness-seacoast.co.uk/index.asp#harb ours
PS, you're one of the white guys now.
Ken Millar (Tpa_ken)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 796
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   

Coming from Florida (and I'm sure Mike will second this emotion coming from SoCal, those people look awfully COLD!!)
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 728
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   

Looks like fun. If you like your eyes to freeze and never move again. Or you never want to feel the tips of your ears. Or should that be, NEEEEVVVVEEEERRRRRRRR. I get seasick so it would never work for me. Richard. Get your chores done. Ever heard that before? Guess I will start at #2001. Looks like there were eighteen unwinnable in the first 2000 hands.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2147
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 3:21 am:   

I'll take your advice "on board". Perhaps we'll wear an extra T-shirt.
What do you guys make of the story behind the "biggest military hack of all time"? Apparently a Brit with an ordinary laptop hacked his way into ALL of the most sensitive computers in the U.S. including NASA.Many of them were not even password protected. Others were easy to crack. GWBUSH, DDUCK, MMOUSE etc. Wouldn't it be great if someone in Iran could launch a few U.S.missiles? What fun he could have.
I'll start on 4000 down. Let's see if we can beat 18.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 8:44 am:   

Me and my big mouth! 4000 has got me in all kinds of trouble. I don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree or not and am beginning to think I may not even be in the right forest.
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 10:04 am:   

It's winnable. Let's hear you.
Mike Butler (Butler77)
Master Solitaire Player

Post Number: 729
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   

Come on. I have my own numbers to do. We have to keep our passwords simple on this side of the pond. No one can remember tough ones. I would think a number of countries are trying to get into our databases all the time. And they are probably succeeding.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration